The Return Of The Bering Optics Super Yoter: KC Ep.51

I might be way off base but I would bet if you had to hunt where I do, you would have a serious case of claustrophobia lol. Fine shooting, thanks for the show.

I woke up at 4:10 this morning to howling coyotes down at my bait site. I grabbed my phone and watched your video on YouTube, then went back to sleep.

I admire your tenacity! I couldn't answer the call!

Originally Posted By: weekenderI might be way off base but I would bet if you had to hunt where I do, you would have a serious case of claustrophobia lol. Fine shooting, thanks for the show. It is very possible. This is one of the many reasons I tell people, there isn't one thermal that works best for everyone. Terrain is one of many factors to consider.

If I could no longer hunt the Northern Plains, I definitely would miss the wide-open areas.

Originally Posted By: SoftpointI woke up at 4:10 this morning to howling coyotes down at my bait site. I grabbed my phone and watched your video on YouTube, then went back to sleep. I admire your tenacity! I couldn't answer the call! I can sleep when I am dead. In all seriousness, I am very fortunate to work out of my home and be able to get some sleep even after hunting all night. Sleep deprivation is tough.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpWatched it last night, very good! Thank you and thank you for subscribing and watching it on YouTube.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARGreat work as usually, incredible shooting on the triple especially. Thanks. It is nice to start the night with a triple. Confidence is pretty high after that.

Good hunt. It looks like you broke out the AR. I started my season Friday night. 20 minutes I had 1 on the ground. Felt good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dark moon 63Good hunt. It looks like you broke out the AR. I started my season Friday night. 20 minutes I had 1 on the ground. Felt good. Congrats on your start. As for my gun, I’m still using my bolt.

Excellent as always.
A while ago you posted about "thermal shading" which was very evident on them in this video at the ranges noted. I forget at what distance you said you can start seeing it.
Can you tell me (us) that again? I am running a SH and the last few I have seen at 200-250y were pure white.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyExcellent as always. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: jmeddyA while ago you posted about "thermal shading" which was very evident on them in this video at the ranges noted. I forget at what distance you said you can start seeing it.
Can you tell me (us) that again? I am running a SH and the last few I have seen at 200-250y were pure white.

Thanks in advance. For me, it seems to start happening in that 250-300 range typically. Keep in mind, this can and does vary depending on the time of the year. If coyotes have very little fur, they look more one color because they are losing heat more evenly across their entire body. The heavier the coyote pelt gets; the more thermal shading is prevalent.

Back