wife says go hunting

jmeddy

Thursday pm Susie asks if I am going hunting while we were eating and I say prolly not. She replies with "it is the last night you got before bow season; I think you should go".
Well, I made 4 sets and got this one at the second farm I went to.

About 30 min. and was breaking the set. Had the call off making my last scan and when looking behind me I see this coming off the main ridge only about 200yds from the farmhouse. By the time I got situated she had disappeared in the hollow and I knew this was gonna be another "show up quick". She did at about 100y and died. adult female coming to the rabbit.
Early in this set I also saw a big bobcat--my second since last winter.

Last edited:
Good on ya for listening to Susie....
thumbup1.gif

Well, it might have to hold me for a while. I was not as fortunate as Kirsch.
When setting up for this set I did not use my caplight because I could see well enough (or so I thought) in the light from the farm buildings even though I set in the shadow of a 3 sided shed.
Partway through the set my tripod FELL OVER and landed apparently on the scope. Knocked the b/p cable out of the "C" port and bent the 90 degree a little. I had set the downhill leg at the edge of a small ledge.
After seeing where I hit the coyote and reviewing the above video I think I hit about 3-4" high.
Shooting yesterday verified that PLUS the POI shifted vertically 3.5-4" in a 4 shot string. Today I removed and reinstalled the scope while also trying to tighten the Larue 1 more notch which I could not do. Also checked to be sure the base and action screws were tight. 3 more shots strung up/down.
Installed a glass scope and the gun grouped fine so the SH is packaged up waiting for a reply from Bering which I don't expect until the first of the week.
I did install the glass back on and if the notion strikes me this month I might go "hybrid" scanning with the r25 and shooting with my nighteyes gun light. Had quite a bit of success this way before I bought the r35 in Oct 2020. Got the SH last Dec..

Well, it might have to hold me for a while. I was not as fortunate as Kirsch.
When setting up for this set I did not use my caplight because I could see well enough (or so I thought) in the light from the farm buildings even though I set in the shadow of a 3 sided shed.
Partway through the set my tripod FELL OVER and landed apparently on the scope. Knocked the b/p cable out of the "C" port and bent the 90 degree a little. I had set the downhill leg at the edge of a small ledge.
After seeing where I hit the coyote and reviewing the above video I think I hit about 3-4" high.
Shooting yesterday verified that PLUS the POI shifted vertically 3.5-4" in a 4 shot string. Today I removed and reinstalled the scope while also trying to tighten the Larue 1 more notch which I could not do. Also checked to be sure the base and action screws were tight. 3 more shots strung up/down.
Installed a glass scope and the gun grouped fine so the SH is packaged up waiting for a reply from Bering which I don't expect until the first of the week.
I did install the glass back on and if the notion strikes me this month I might go "hybrid" scanning with the r25 and shooting with my nighteyes gun light. Had quite a bit of success this way before I bought the r35 in Oct 2020. Got the SH last Dec..

That's a bummer. One thing you might try. Instead of tightening the LaRue, which you could not do, try backing off one or two clicks. Might not make a difference, but it helped my SY when I first got it.

"Slay" from Bering called me yesterday, listened as I explained what problem I had and how it occurred.
He told me to do a "factory reset" because sometimes with a hard jolt the communication between the electronic parts of the scope can become "off".
Well, it worked and I am now a VERY HAPPY camper--no return to Bering needed!
I tried to call him back yesterday to say thanks but it went to message so I left a message. Today, Slay called me from his private phone to follow up on our conversation yesterday and had not heard my message on the company line.

NOW THAT IS SERVICE WITH A SMILE!!

Great to hear you got treated so well! You'll be able to totally focus om bow hunting and hopefully get back to the thermal quickly!

Back