New can, introducing the SAS Nocte..

Kino M

Staff member
After 2 plus years working with Tim at SAS, we have came up with what I believe is the best special purpose suppressor for night hunting when decibel reduction is the highest priority. I named it the "Nocte" which means "night" or "nightime".

I challenged Tim with building a suppressor that was first and foremost quiet, accurate and still manageable in length. What we ended up with was a suppressor that is 2" in diameter and 6.25" long. The Nocte is a 6mm can to accommodate the vast majority of varmint hunters shooting 22cal and 6mm rifles. The Nocte utilizes the proven TOMB system for accuracy and repeatability with the exception that it is only compatible with the "A Brake" or "Talon S". The initial blast chamber was shortened to accommodate more baffles. Weight of the Nocte is 17.1oz., and is all titanium.

The Nocte sounds incredible on my 243 AR10, it sounds pretty much identical to my 18" 556 with the Sentinel MX!!! We did some milspec testing with the BK2209 and the sonic crack was SUBSTANTIALLY louder at 100yds than the muzzle numbers! Tim is going to do more testing to get more solid numbers and verified results.

Another thing is the Nocte had very minimal blowback and the rounds in the magazine was almost perfectly clean!

If someone would be kind enough to post pictures I'll gladly text them to you.

Contact Tim at SAS for more info.

xoVR0is.jpg

uoajYDL.jpg

CJEFjCP.jpg

dSg8mhv.jpg

Bullet on the left is from the box, bullets in mag was in it during testing, bullet on the right was a chambered round after cycling

lXYVj9K.jpg

I run a SAS Barricade on my Rifle. The shooting match I go to some of the other shooters claim it has less sound than some of the other Suppressors.

I run it on my 223 and I think my Air Rifle is louder.

Originally Posted By: TrapShooter12I run a SAS Barricade on my Rifle. The shooting match I go to some of the other shooters claim it has less sound than some of the other Suppressors.

I run it on my 223 and I think my Air Rifle is louder.

I have the Barricade as well and while I think its a great can for its purpose, the Nocte blows it away for sound reduction on small calibers.

I see your from Nevada, next time your in Reno/Sparks stop by Tim's shop and see first hand!

Great looking can, congrats on the new Model. I'm sure it will perform awesome and get a ton of kills behind it this season!

Looks like a great can. I like the short fat cans. The weight scares me away. I would like to see 5-6 ounces or more less weight.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve garrettLooks like a great can. I like the short fat cans. The weight scares me away. I would like to see 5-6 ounces or more less weight.

I would as well Steve, but it just wasn't possible to get the volume for maximum sound reduction. Sound reduction was number one for me and for a guy who night hunts a few hundred yards or so from the truck its not bad at all. It has a very specific purpose and it serves it very well

Originally Posted By: skinneyGreat looking can, congrats on the new Model. I'm sure it will perform awesome and get a ton of kills behind it this season!

Thanks Skinny, I'm on my way home from Nevada now and after some fun nights in the field with the new Nocte, its already gotten bloody, I've got quiet a bit of video work when I get home tomorrow!

Not sure if Tim will or not, I have some cell phone videos of me shooting it but its not professional quality or anything that I could text someone if they wanted it.

Send me one to meter on the PULSE. Since getting our PULSE we have learned that 2209s are useless and numbers posted in the past are useless. Bad data could have been shared unintentionally. I can shoot it on a 6 CM I will grab a complete wave form your your review. Here is a short video showing what we can see these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5SeEHAo-Q&t=59s
I know there has been some strife in the past but I'm willing to chalk that up to 2209s being total [beeep] and no ill intentions intended. I even had B&K check their personal inventory of 2209s and they agree that they are useless for measuring gunshots. They haven't made a 2209 since 1971 I think. We have two and they are useless.
You guys need a PULSE, it is the only commercially available system on the market that can accurately measure a gunshot. Not my opinion just science.

Back