Accurate 4064

pyscodog

Seems like IMR 4064 is on the list of unavailable powders but Accurate 4064 is pretty plentiful. Its a little slower than IMR but not by much. I want to use it in my 243 and 308 when the IMR runs out. Any of you use it in those calibers?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: arlaunchDo you mean Accurate 4064?

Yes I do. Guess I had a brain fart. Sorry. I changed my post. Thank you for catching my screw up.

Have not specifically used the Accurate brand version, mostly because I have been fortunate enough to keep a steady supply of IMR but if it performs closely to IMR, it will do wonders in .308

IMR4064 is my favorite for the .308 and works very well in .30-06 and .22-250 although the later does better with Varget or Varget-range burn rates for me

Its interesting that Hodgon bought out Western powders and now owns Accurate also.

I wonder what they will do going forward? Having many redundancies helps keep up with demand i suppose.

At this point they have 3, 4895's 2, 4064's and 3, 4350's

For the 1st time ever, that i have seen... Vihtavouri is selling for less money than the H brands.

I have had good luck with with all brands it seems. W748, H4895, Benchmark and AA2015 are some of my fav's

I never could tell a difference between the two. accuracy was the same and come ups on scope stayed the same.

Hodgdon has data for both powders(same bullet) on their load data list. Slight charge/velocity difference, so load development should be easy.

Back