A twofer

jmeddy

A really exciting 3-4 minutes. Got an answer from 2 a few hundred yards away and a couple hundred yards apart at the 25min mark. Sat in silence for 10 min then hit a fight. About a minute later I see one busting out of the woods about 300yds away and running faster than I have ever seen in person or on this site (except for those shot at & missed).
Because of undulations I knew she was gonna go out of sight and show up close and fast which she did. I always have a diaghram in and barked then howled but she did not slow down so I did the "Korey hey". She stopped about 60 yds. and died. 38 min into set and a big female. Problem was I did not get record hit long enough and only got a pic of the field!!!

I then went to kiyi and was scanning the direction she came from when I heard a challenge about 135 degrees to my left and maybe 200yds away. Spun around to see another coming pretty fast then got the gun/tripod in that direction and got the record button correctly pushed. As with the first, this one went out of sight and showed up quickly and close-40yds maybe. Another "hey" and #2 died. Big male.

Got to thinking about Korey videoing himself recovering coyotes and thought maybe I can get something similar with both critters.

Don't know if I will get out again until late November because bow season starts Saturday here in PA., then I will spend the first 2-1/2 to 3 weeks of November in Illinois hunting the cornfed bucks.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON HERE AND KEEP THE VIDS COMING.

Sounds like one of those stands where it's hard to keep your heart in your chest! Good job reeling them in and putting them down.

Congrats on the fur and good luck with the deer. I look forward to seeing your smiling face and hands wrapped around some horn.

Back