Sneaky Female Coyote

DoubleUp

Wind was very light tonight. This female went almost completely around me trying to get the wind. I finally stopped her just before she went into a field of soybeans and would have disappeared. She was DRT at about 130 yds.

#7a by Double Up, on Flickr

Great timing DU. It looked like it was just starting to move when your shot broke. It looked like a fraction of a second longer, and it was gone.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpThank you PING, and welcome to PM.
Thank you! I've been lurking too long so decided to post. Learning a lot from you all!

Originally Posted By: KirschGreat timing DU. It looked like it was just starting to move when your shot broke. It looked like a fraction of a second longer, and it was gone.

This is the kind of info I really appreciate. Very subtle nuances that novices like me totally miss. Thank you for sharing it. After reading your comment, I went back to see what I never saw the first time I watched DU's hunt. Hope to put that in my memory so I can recognize those situations if they materialize on my next hunt.

Instant drops are the best! 2 of the last 4 l shot have run dead and died over undulations. Both were tough to find even with the scanner because the vegetation is almost knee high.

She was just about to disappear in the beans. Fields are still pretty grown up here and none of the ditch banks are mowed yet.

Thank you Week. I'll be looking forward to your videos with that new scope coming. I hope your first one is that blackie from last spring.

Back