Woops, thats a Husky NOT a wolf!

jcs271

There have been a few husky types shot up here in the last few years. Some were on trails near their owners, one in a freaking campground standing by the tent.
frown.gif

https://www.foxnews.com/us/montana-woman-shoots-skins-siberian-husky-mistook-wolf

Canyon people! Everyone in the valley knows about canyon people!

Funny thing is thats where the naked dude drove his car into and inside, then back out of a super one grocery store then fled buck naked on foot down the highway in Columbia Falls Montana about 3 years ago!! Definitely something in the water there!

Originally Posted By: 204 AROne reason you don't post up kills on fb...
Exactly.
Besides the fact she's a dipshi*, nobody should be hunting for notoriety. Makes me wonder how many "hunters" would quit if they couldn't post their kills.

I had a friend shoot a dog once thinking it was a coyote. That was about 10 yrs ago. I still raz him about it.
No different than people shooting grey &Mexican wolves thinking they are coyotes.
Proper identification before pulling the trigger is paramount. So is keeping your dog on a lead of some sort obviously.

I hate it for the owner of the dog. The woman, well I don't have much to say about her because if you can't say something good... y'all know the rest.

Originally Posted By: tawnoperOriginally Posted By: 204 AROne reason you don't post up kills on fb...
Exactly.
Besides the fact she's a dipshi*, nobody should be hunting for notoriety. Makes me wonder how many "hunters" would quit if they couldn't post their kills.

You bring up a good point, and something that I think about often. I love watching and making videos, and posting them here, but I wonder if it's for entertainment of others, or just to show "look what I did!"

I've taken a lot of pictures of coyotes shot, but don't much anymore. However, it is kind of neat to post a story here with pics and go back and look and re-read your stories at a later date.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootWorse is the d---a-- that abandoned the dogs to live like wolves.

+1

Wonder if he dumped them because he knew they were sick?

Originally Posted By: from Sheriff's News ReleaseOn September 23rd , 2022 the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by local citizens
who had picked up several husky and shepherd mix dogs in the area of Doris Creek in the
Flathead National Forest. The parties were able to pick up 11 dogs which were turned over to
Animal Control and taken to the animal shelter. Animal Control later located several other
dogs in the Doris Creek area which were also taken to the animal shelter. Several of the dogs
have tested positive for parvovirus and are currently being evaluated. We are looking to
identify the person or persons who left the dogs in the area of Doris Creek.

Hope they find the guilty party!

Quote: What causes parvovirus infection?

The virus that causes the disease known as “parvo”, canine parvovirus type 2 (CPV), first emerged among dogs in Europe around 1976. By 1978 the virus had spread unchecked, causing a worldwide epidemic of myocarditis and inflammation in the intestines (gastroenteritis). We now know the virus is not limited to dogs, but is capable of causing infections in wild canines such as coyotes and wolves, and other wild animals, including foxes, raccoons and skunks.
https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departments-...nine-parvovirus

Originally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: tawnoperOriginally Posted By: 204 AROne reason you don't post up kills on fb...
Exactly.

You bring up a good point, and something that I think about often. I love watching and making videos, and posting them here, but I wonder if it's for entertainment of others, or just to show "look what I did!"

I've taken a lot of pictures of coyotes shot, but don't much anymore. However, it is kind of neat to post a story here with pics and go back and look and re-read your stories at a later date.

Obviously it takes a kindred spirit to appreciate hunt story posts. I read a lot of great stories and photos here, on this site. It's the ones who feel a need to post on multiple sites, and especially social media sites like FB that to me, starts screaming "look at me!" and less about the actual hunt itself, shared with some like minded friends. Seems like they're promoting themselves more than sharing a cool hunt.

Last edited:
My wife was yelling what a dumb azz the woman must be to shoot a dog and I spit my frosty adult beverage all over the laptop!!! What a mess, that story too. Got to love her spirit for thinking she actually bagged a wolf. Then came the big let down. Oops.

Parvo.
The Wolf's Kryptonite. I would guess the dogs were delivered to a wolf area with this in mind.
It's a shame she posted what she did.
Posting anything can be risky.
T

I was raised that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all...
So, I told her " You don't sweat much for a fat girl"

Back