Mouse Squeaker, Anybody Use One?

Yes, I have had quite a bit of success with one (two, actually).

The one I use the most is the right one, though the left one works equally well.

The right gets used the most because I am a right-handed shooter, and when I am ready to take a shot, and need to squeak, the right one is right there, next to my lips.

I am, of course, referring to using the back of my hand(s) to make the squeaky sound.

I "Kiss" the back of my hand a lot.
I was out duck hunting in a boat blind and Kissed one in from 400 yards in to shotgun range

I used to use a little squeaker from the inside of a dog toy taped to my stock, but haven't for a long time (20/30 years, since remotes) as I have rodent squeaks as a preset and the back of my hand.

Last edited:
I have used one on and gray fox love them. I have not had a coyote respond to one. When I was first starting calling 40 years ago, it was simple and it worked.

It’s really best to alert a partner of a coyote coming in. Sometimes it makes a coyote flare and move more downwind. The longer I call the less I use them.

I have dog toy squeakers taped to the forends of a couple of my guns, also use lip squeaks. Seems to make them slow down , also use lip squeaks when hunting other game and see a distant coyote.
Easier than changing sound on the remote

I have dog toy squeakers taped to the forends of a couple of my guns, also use lip squeaks. Seems to make them slow down , also use lip squeaks when hunting other game and see a distant coyote.
Easier than changing sound on the remote

I have Vole Squeaks set as my #3 pre-set sound on both of my Foxpro callers. I don't want to make any squeak sounds at my location.

I have seen lots of coyotes that don't like another sound coming from a different spot when they are concentrating on the spot of the original sound.

when I am bowhunting I carry a mini-squeaky tennis ball type dog toy in my pocket and if I see a coyote or bobcat I squeak it. I had it work once on a bobcat, but haven't really had that many chances to use it or forget it in another jacket lol. while actually calling I use something different or just use a preset on my foxpro

I use a Primo's Mouse Squeaker all the time....works great when Your in thick cover or a Predator is close and You don't want to use any sound that's too loud where they can locate where the sound is coming from or You just need them to stop or come in closer.I had 1 that was round and would roll off any flat surface...the Primo's Squeaker is flat on 1 side and lays down without rolling away,I won't go out Hunting without it in my pocket!

Last edited:
Back