Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#3303886 - 09/21/22 09:48 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
J Galt Offline

Loc: Montana

#3303887 - 09/21/22 09:52 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: lyotehunter]
J Galt Offline

lyotehunter, I was wondering where you read or saw someone say in the thread that if you don’t have a video you aren’t skilled? I never heard or saw that .

#3303888 - 09/21/22 10:06 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
"Back when a 1000 yards was a long shot, now they're hitting targets over 4 miles."

Really? How is that even possible? How big are the targets? lol

Looks like a 120 MOA base, a couple TacomHQ prisms. The optic has to have a 34 or 35mm tube I'm sure. That's crazy though.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3303914 - 09/21/22 10:55 PM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
DiRTY DOG Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: West
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
"Back when a 1000 yards was a long shot, now they're hitting targets over 4 miles."

Really? How is that even possible? How big are the targets? lol
Well, it took 69 shots to get their first impact. And they immediately ended their shooting session. That's not impressive at all, to me. Not at all. It's definately NOT a repeatable feat, it's just a game of probability, eventually you'll get a hit if you keep lobbing rounds down range.

#3303917 - 09/22/22 01:07 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
J Galt Offline

I think the best way to show how bad an effort that was is to take a stab at beating it. One guy hits a garage door at 2.5 miles after 69 shots, another guy calls it [beeep] and does it in fewer shots. American Exceptionalism. The reality is that most innovation in any sort of hobby or profession occurs because someone cares a lot about improving the current situation and makes the previously thought impossibility possible. The 4 minute mile, any previous land speed record, defeating polio, landing on the moon…. The people in the video will be ridiculed for their effort. Their effort is extraordinary. They executed a shot that few even thought about.

For me, the thread is about people the OP looked up to and decided to speak to using current media distribution opportunities. I really enjoyed the Cal Taylor videos. I liked the Les Johnson and Randy Anderson videos too. I’m glad to hear from them just as I enjoy reading the “Reid and his dog” thread. The fact is I read all the posts and enjoy most of them.

Occasionally I find a post that makes me wonder what motivates people, dirty dogs post here just happened to make me scratch my head.

#3303922 - 09/22/22 08:56 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: J Galt]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: J Galt
I think the best way to show how bad an effort that was is to take a stab at beating it. One guy hits a garage door at 2.5 miles after 69 shots, another guy calls it [beeep] and does it in fewer shots. American Exceptionalism. The reality is that most innovation in any sort of hobby or profession occurs because someone cares a lot about improving the current situation and makes the previously thought impossibility possible. The 4 minute mile, any previous land speed record, defeating polio, landing on the moon…. The people in the video will be ridiculed for their effort. Their effort is extraordinary. They executed a shot that few even thought about.

For me, the thread is about people the OP looked up to and decided to speak to using current media distribution opportunities. I really enjoyed the Cal Taylor videos. I liked the Les Johnson and Randy Anderson videos too. I’m glad to hear from them just as I enjoy reading the “Reid and his dog” thread. The fact is I read all the posts and enjoy most of them.

This is a good post.

#3303923 - 09/22/22 09:09 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I didn't watch the video, I personally find most videos pretty boring, guys that have supposedly killed 100's of coyotes dancing around and high-fiving like teenager girls that saw Elvis for the first time.

From the description of the event, I'll save my Hurrahs until they hit it the first time. Nobody praised Jonas Salk for all the trials that work on a few, just for the ones that worked on most of the kids.

Edited by AWS (09/22/22 09:11 AM)

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3303924 - 09/22/22 09:21 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: AWS]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: AWS

From the description of the event, I'll save my Hurrahs until they hit it the first time. Nobody praised Jonas Salk for all the trials that work on a few, just for the ones that worked on most of the kids.

Not everyone gets the concept. The skill involved at shooting over 2K yards is the know how to get there, with proper equipment. Unfortunately there are variables that we will never be able to control that have an adverse effect on the end goal. Anyone can make a 1k yard first round hit... EASY. 2K and beyond very very difficult.

Not many lineman you see getting praised when the star QB RB or WR take all the glory, but it takes em all to win a championship, whether they get proper acknowledgement or not.

#3303926 - 09/22/22 09:28 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
jmeddy Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: SW PA
Well said J Galt.

#3303928 - 09/22/22 11:29 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
It is still pretty much useless until they can do it with the first round.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3303929 - 09/22/22 11:55 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: AWS]
Tim Neitzke Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: AWS
It is still pretty much useless until they can do it with the first round.

Is calling /hunting coyote "pretty much useless" if you don't call and kill one every time ?

Insert any sport /activity that uses a skill of any kind to the above question.

#3303955 - 09/22/22 09:20 PM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
DiRTY DOG Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: skinney
The skill involved at shooting over 2K yards is the know how to get there, with proper equipment.

One could argue they did not have the know how to get there, since they used multiple spotters and lobbed 68 misses before finally hitting the target only one time on the 69th attempt. Then, they immediately stopped shooting, because they knew the probability of hitting the target a second time was veeeeery low. It may have taken more than 68 additional misses before they scored a second hit.

A first shot hit at 4000 yards would be amazing, especially if it was fairly repeatable. Also, a certain number of hits out of ten shots would be amazing. Both of those types of feats would show actual ability to hit a target at 4000 yards.

It's neither skill nor knowledge unless it's somewhat repeatable.

Lobbing 69 shots to get one hit and then immediately quitting demonstrates nothing other than one lucky hit. Actually, a 1.45% chance of a hit. That's a pretty weak demonstration of "skill" or "know how".

#3303960 - 09/22/22 09:33 PM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
Stu Farish Offline

Moderator/Webmaster

Loc: Have gun, will travel
The stopping gets me. If it was me, once on target I'd want to see what sort of group I could get

Keep calm and crazy on

#3303961 - 09/22/22 09:40 PM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: skinney]
DiRTY DOG Offline
Die Hard Member III

It would take a looooong time to get a "group" with only a 1.45% hit rate. That's why they stopped after just one hit.

#3303971 - 09/23/22 01:09 AM Re: To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question??? [Re: DiRTY DOG]
J Galt Offline

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOG
It would take a looooong time to get a "group" with only a 1.45% hit rate. That's why they stopped after just one hit.

Another way to say it is that these people have a confirmed impact at the furthest distance ever recorded.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.