.17 Fireball AR fun

Acronin

Hey, I built a .17 Remington Fireball and took it for a spin on a dog town.

18.9gr of H322 with 20gr Vmaxes shot under 1/2"

My son was shooting H380 and 52gr Speer HPs out of his Browning ABolt (lefty).

Tons of fun guys

That was great! Love prairie dog shooting videos and love shooting them with my .17 calibers. I have taken them as far as 450 yards with the 20 grain Vmax out of my .17 Remington but will admit that they have lost quite a bit of steam by that distance. Still, they did not go far.

Good job to you and your boy!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: WyoBullWish I was there with you Andy! That dogtown looks likes good one!

I'll bring it on my pronghorn trip in 2 weeks and hopefully we will have some time to shoot some dogs after we tag out...

Originally Posted By: RustydustThat was great! Love prairie dog shooting videos and love shooting them with my .17 calibers. I have taken them as far as 450 yards with the 20 grain Vmax out of my .17 Remington but will admit that they have lost quite a bit of steam by that distance. Still, they did not go far.

Good job to you and your boy!
thumbup1.gif

That means a lot coming from you Rusty. Its a passion of ours and it's made my boy learn safety, how to shoot, ballistics and respect for the landowners.

I keep telling him to enjoy it because someday we'll lose the property or the rights to do this.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
The .17 was no slouch. Amazing what a tiny bullet can do. My .17 Remington flat anchors coyotes.

I have a 17 rem and its my go to coyote rig. 25gr Hornady HP has exited coyotes and it doesn't take long for them to hit the ground.

The 25 Hornady is the bullet I use too, at 3921 fps. I have yet to have one exit at distances near 60 yards or so, and it pole axes coyotes.

Back