To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

Stay tuned. We are moving forward with some ideas put out here. It's a different world today with ever changing tech changes. Hopefully we can find something that will make PM user friendly.
If anyone has ideas to improve PM.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogStay tuned.

You pulling the pin as a mod would be REAL beneficial if things are gonna move forwards.

Originally Posted By: borkonOriginally Posted By: RedfrogStay tuned.

You pulling the pin as a mod would be REAL beneficial if things are gonna move forwards.
lol.gif

IT IS FUNNY how a guy can hunt coyotes for over 50 years and kill lots of coyotes and that guy doesn't have any skills or secrets unless he has made a video. I know one thing it was a lot more fun to hunt when all you pro's weren't around.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrHaven't been here in a while. Any updates on this?

Working one it. We still have more questions than answers & nothing is going to start until we have them & a plan laid out to execute from.

Originally Posted By: lyotehunterIT IS FUNNY how a guy can hunt coyotes for over 50 years and kill lots of coyotes and that guy doesn't have any skills or secrets unless he has made a video. I know one thing it was a lot more fun to hunt when all you pro's weren't around.

Ahhh how the times change. I remember when There were no FFP optics most everything was SFP, hardly any Custom Rifles, most all were over the counter. Back when a 1000 yards was a long shot, now they're hitting targets over 4 miles. Only hand calls, non of this electronic high frequency stuff. Red lights, or "white", Gen 1 then 2 then 3 NV, now a FULL HD Thermal Sensor.

The good ol days... I miss them as well.

A lot has changed since I made my first stand in 1972,called a bobcat into about 15 yards on that stand.Missed him by about three feet with a Bear recurve.Knew I was hooked right then.Changes good or bad,think a little of both.

lyotehunter, I was wondering where you read or saw someone say in the thread that if you don’t have a video you aren’t skilled? I never heard or saw that .

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot"Back when a 1000 yards was a long shot, now they're hitting targets over 4 miles."

Really? How is that even possible? How big are the targets? lol

Looks like a 120 MOA base, a couple TacomHQ prisms. The optic has to have a 34 or 35mm tube I'm sure. That's crazy though.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot"Back when a 1000 yards was a long shot, now they're hitting targets over 4 miles."

Really? How is that even possible? How big are the targets? lol
Well, it took 69 shots to get their first impact. And they immediately ended their shooting session. That's not impressive at all, to me. Not at all. It's definately NOT a repeatable feat, it's just a game of probability, eventually you'll get a hit if you keep lobbing rounds down range.

I think the best way to show how bad an effort that was is to take a stab at beating it. One guy hits a garage door at 2.5 miles after 69 shots, another guy calls it [beeep] and does it in fewer shots. American Exceptionalism. The reality is that most innovation in any sort of hobby or profession occurs because someone cares a lot about improving the current situation and makes the previously thought impossibility possible. The 4 minute mile, any previous land speed record, defeating polio, landing on the moon…. The people in the video will be ridiculed for their effort. Their effort is extraordinary. They executed a shot that few even thought about.

For me, the thread is about people the OP looked up to and decided to speak to using current media distribution opportunities. I really enjoyed the Cal Taylor videos. I liked the Les Johnson and Randy Anderson videos too. I’m glad to hear from them just as I enjoy reading the “Reid and his dog” thread. The fact is I read all the posts and enjoy most of them.

Occasionally I find a post that makes me wonder what motivates people, dirty dogs post here just happened to make me scratch my head.

Originally Posted By: J GaltI think the best way to show how bad an effort that was is to take a stab at beating it. One guy hits a garage door at 2.5 miles after 69 shots, another guy calls it [beeep] and does it in fewer shots. American Exceptionalism. The reality is that most innovation in any sort of hobby or profession occurs because someone cares a lot about improving the current situation and makes the previously thought impossibility possible. The 4 minute mile, any previous land speed record, defeating polio, landing on the moon…. The people in the video will be ridiculed for their effort. Their effort is extraordinary. They executed a shot that few even thought about.

For me, the thread is about people the OP looked up to and decided to speak to using current media distribution opportunities. I really enjoyed the Cal Taylor videos. I liked the Les Johnson and Randy Anderson videos too. I’m glad to hear from them just as I enjoy reading the “Reid and his dog” thread. The fact is I read all the posts and enjoy most of them.

This is a good post.

I didn't watch the video, I personally find most videos pretty boring, guys that have supposedly killed 100's of coyotes dancing around and high-fiving like teenager girls that saw Elvis for the first time.

From the description of the event, I'll save my Hurrahs until they hit it the first time. Nobody praised Jonas Salk for all the trials that work on a few, just for the ones that worked on most of the kids.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AWS

From the description of the event, I'll save my Hurrahs until they hit it the first time. Nobody praised Jonas Salk for all the trials that work on a few, just for the ones that worked on most of the kids.

Not everyone gets the concept. The skill involved at shooting over 2K yards is the know how to get there, with proper equipment. Unfortunately there are variables that we will never be able to control that have an adverse effect on the end goal. Anyone can make a 1k yard first round hit... EASY. 2K and beyond very very difficult.

Not many lineman you see getting praised when the star QB RB or WR take all the glory, but it takes em all to win a championship, whether they get proper acknowledgement or not.

Back