What is your goto caller this season.

AWS

Retired PM Staff
This year I hope go get some old callers and new callers in the mix.

Years ago I gave my nephew a Minaska Big Country and last year swapped him it back for a FP Crossfire that I won. Hope to get it back in the rotation. It is big and heavy so not great for cacking in but there are some remote places that it should work good.
Big Country far right.
JC8oCW.jpg

My little Minaska M-1 Bandits will be going out on the bow stands as it is compact and easy to carry along with the archery gear
UmGSI4.jpg

Last year I bought a Wildlife Technologies, love it. I only got to use it a short time last year due to most of the season lost to health issues. I was able to kill a couple coyotes with it late in the season. Absolutely love the remote as it is much like a Minaska.
Hg8qej.jpg

The CS-24 will act as back up this season.
DIlf7o.jpg

A few years back I bought a $90. Johnny Stewart caller to see how a $90. would stack up. It called coyotes just fine. My grandson in CO wants to start coyote hunting so I'm giving it to him to start out with.
JZ51KG.jpg

Good hunting this season.

Last edited:
I will be using a Foxpro XWAVE or a Foxpro Fusion with a external speaker powered by 12 volt gel cell battery.

I really like having two speakers I can point in the two different directions, I choose to point them.

Good luck everybody!

Bought a Icotec Sabre.
I haven’t used it in the field yet. Did a test with the remote range. Much better than the 2 Foxpros I own. I really like the step up in volume control over Foxpro.
It has some good coyote vocal’s. Rabbit sounds aren’t the best. I don’t use a lot of rabbit sounds anyway.

My battered and well-worn Revolt. I would consider a new LD with backlit buttons on the remote for night hunting.

I have a FoxPro Hellfire that has begun to give me fits, quits sometimes even with good batteries and the Foxbang feature won't always kick in when needed. Remote is short ranged and I often have to unplug the battery to turn it off. So I started doing research for a replacement and AWS had me yearning for a Minaska which is no longer available, and somewhere in an old post the Flextone was listed as being OK but had a couple drawbacks as the owner had lost his remote and was told by reps at Flextone that the remote was paired to the call at the factory and you could not buy just the remote. So I focused on Flextone for more info and finally Optics Planet made me an offer I could not refuse. I purchased the Flextone 1000 with 100 preloaded sounds, 200 yd remote range with your choice of backlighting and must be paired to the call during initial set-up. I read somewhere that the sounds are by Wildlife Technologies and while I haven't been in the woods with it yet, it really sounds good. Seems to be well built though heavy and that is probably because of the speaker magnets as there are 5 speakers and you can pick your choice of what you want to use. Well I'm rambling on so anyone that is interested can read up on them. Covid has me confined for awhile and I sure need to get back to the woods!

AWS, you and I have very similar likes in calls. I’ve got two Minaskas but unfortunately both have quit on me. I have two mighty atoms that are my go to calls, a small Johnny Stewart just to try out and a CS 24 that has done me well. Wish Minaska was still in business.

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobI will be using a Foxpro XWAVE or a Foxpro Fusion with a external speaker powered by 12 volt gel cell battery.

I really like having two speakers I can point in the two different directions, I choose to point them.

Good luck everybody!
Can you give me some info on the external speaker Ana’s 12 volt gel cell batter?
Do you really have to have the battery? Will it work just plugging it in the caller?

Shockwave. My favorite will always be the Old Johnny Stewart 612 Cassette player. 30’ long attached speaker. Anybody know what I’m talking about? I love this thing.

Originally Posted By: josebdOriginally Posted By: derbyacresbobI will be using a Foxpro XWAVE or a Foxpro Fusion with a external speaker powered by 12 volt gel cell battery.

Good luck everybody!
Can you give me some info on the external speaker Ana’s 12 volt gel cell batter?
Do you really have to have the battery? Will it work just plugging it in the caller?

You don't have to use the 12 volt gel cell battery. You can just plug in the Foxpro SP-60 speaker into the Foxpro callers.

I mostly use my shockwave but will be pulling out the Scorpion more. Also using more custom hand calls made by Carver Calls.

I'm on year 8 with the Foxpro Fusion. It's been great, just got new set of batteries for it as the old ones were not working well on high volume. Also rigged it up with Foxpro's 12V kit, for when I need it to last lots of stands or in cold cold weather

Also have a Foxpro Hi-Jack as a backup call.

I am running the XS24 which replaced my CS24 that gave up and went to happy hunting grounds in the sky. So far it is on track to be my deadliest coyote excelled.

Back