First Big Guy Down of 2022!

skinney

Director
Had my first Bull Huntress out this season.
Her, Her Husband and Son all came out stayed for a few days, and had an awesome hunt!

Posted up along one of pastures bordering the north end of one of our pivots. Ended up Bugling him back out of the corn, after he followed his cows in, She made a perfect shot, and followed with a 2nd just to be sure. These Prairie Elk are complete BEASTS, I'm guess easily over 1200lb easily... He made it 40 yards into the irrigated pivot before expiring. It's awesome to have a walk in cooler for this time of the year, because it gets hot, fast!

I was going to post this in the Big Game thread but thought you fellas would get more of pleasure here.
Enjoy!

52341540219_14e6192245_k.jpg

Awesome! Zero experiences for comparison but that bull looks huge. I bet she made some lifetime memories that will get shared many times. Great that she got to experience it with her family also.

Yeah that's a horse for sure! Congrats to her and you for putting on a great hunt.

PS, that would be my type of elk hunting. I'm assuming to retrieve it with a loader tractor, vs having to pack one out on your back in the mountains lol.

Man what a wonderful bull, congrats to her! I didn't realize that SD had such nice bulls, guessing its hard to get tags??

That is a nice bull.

I really wish when taking pictures, people would set it up so the hunter was right next to the critter instead of back behind the animal. This picture looks like it was set up to make the bull look much larger, kind of like fisherman holding a fish at arms length in front of them.

Originally Posted By: AWSThat is a nice bull.

I really wish when taking pictures, people would set it up so the hunter was right next to the critter instead of back behind the animal. This picture looks like it was set up to make the bull look much larger, kind of like fisherman holding a fish at arms length in front of them.

I took this pic in a matter of minutes after retrieval. She's not that far behind the bull, and the only reason she is how she is, is because this Bull is so massive her left knee is wedged under his right main beam just to keep his head up.
His neck is every bit the diameter it looks in this picture.

If I would structure pics similar to guys sitting quartering behind the animal this guy would look well over 400. When in reality this picture accurately depicts his score IMHO (if you can judge), roughly 345.

Back