West Virginia Coal Miners Help Stranded Washingtonian With Dead Electric Car

hm1996

Staff member

Quote:
West Virginia Coal Miners Help Stranded Washingtonian With Dead Electric Car

“Someone called one of our foremen and told him a car was broke down in the middle of our haul road. He went to investigate and found out they had indeed run out of juice coming from DC to Davis for a getaway weekend. He then went back to the mine and got guys to push the car to the guard shack so they could plug in to charge,” he wrote.

The miners pushed the car to the guard booth because they couldn’t pull it as it was all plastic underneath and there was nothing to hook up to.

It was also impossible to find a tow truck as the place is “out in the middle of nowhere.”

Regards,
hm

First of all the EV is not an electric car as we think of electric.
It is battery operated.
It off sets very little carbon in most cases because charging it increases carbon emissions at the generation site.
From what I have read the billionaires whose names you hear on the news every day and are promoting climate change are also heavily involved in mining for the metals for batteries, building cars, everything to do with the BOV (battery operated vehicle) and the tax payer is picking up the lose ends like before.
They have to know that the power grid can not support the additional load of charging the number they expect to be on the road.
Now I am not against folks having BOVs if they want one. I am against making it so you have to get one even if you don't want one. Like California no new gas.
The liberals I think are being led by the nose like it's some kind of contest to see who can be the coolest.
I don't know what to think about climate change. It looks a whole lot like weather sometimes. It has always flooded one place while another place was dry.
There is a glacier that is melting that is going to raise sea level 10 feet. Think about how much water it would take to add ten feet to the top of all the oceans.
Everything looks to me like a plan to suck all the money from what is call the middle class.
If the midterms don't go well I am going to be disappointed.

More vehicles that require a plug in charge will put more load and demand on the electrical grid. The electrical industry (I work in it) is taking more generation facilities off line in the interest of “eliminating carbon emissions”, and we are not building new ones to go back in their place. Taking x amounts of Megawatts in generation abilities off the grid, while simultaneously increasing the load demand by everyone having to charge cars, will cause problems and power outages. Power systems are designed to protect theirselves and breakers and units will trip when voltage gets too low/high, gets out of frequency, detects a fault, etc. When the load goes up, the voltage goes down. If there’s no generation facilities to turn the power up to keep the voltage at the correct levels, lights go off. It can cascade in extreme scenarios and effect large geographic areas and cross different electric companies.

I saw a report on Fox News today that California had told people with electrical vehicles to not travel over the holiday weekend because their grid couldn’t support the charging demand, but yet they mandate more electric vehicle purchases.

I wonder how much and what it would take to make people in California to finally tell the government to kiss their butt?

But the real good news for California is that despite the low rainfall and shortage of drinking water the Snail Darter is doing well.

Back