H4350 at a Tulsa shop

I just shook my head and told him I didn't need it that bad.

What sucks is he has decent prices on bullets and a pretty good selection.

Last edited:
I was looking on gunbroker a few weeks ago and found varget at a really insane price. 5 one pound jugs had a buy now price right at $9400 . I had to look at it three times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

I looked on Powder Valley. They were cheaper than Hodgdon but out of stock. Hogdgon had it in stock for $50 a pound. I paid that at a gunshow recently. Higher than I wanted to pay but cheaper than anyone else around.

Last edited:
The worst part is he has a great business and decent prices on firearms and reloading supplies but his powder and primer prices are off the reasonable charts. I understand making a living but I ain't paying for that new Corvette.

I get several notifications weekly of in-stock H4350. It's "plentiful" by today's standard. It's slowed down actually, there was tons of it over the last month or two.

Last week:
8/26 Hodgdon direct $311/8lbs plus haz&shipping
8/22 Powder Valley $287/8lbs plus haz&shipping

$40/lb delivered is as cheap as you're going to find it online, or any other powder. That's a pretty good price these days.

Last year at Camp Perry during the National Matches, on Venders Row one of the guys had a 8lb jug of Varget for the bargain price of $595. It was still there when National were over.

Crazy, I have not seen H4350 in 2 years. I did find N570, N565, and H1000 in the last couple weeks. It was like finding 2 unicorns and Pegasus!!

Back