To Post, Or Not To Post, That Is The Question???

skinney

Director
Fellas,
hear me out here...
I recently did a podcast with a "used to be" longtime member of this forum, Cal Taylor.

I'm sure some of you know him, more of you've heard of him, and those of you who haven't are missing out on what I call an Encyclopedia of knowledge, not only from experience, but from mentors before him.

I personally feel the urge to not only seek out fellas like Cal Taylor, like Les Johnson, like Randy Anderson, so that I may provide to you a service, a visual and audible experience based on Men who have been there and done that, and have had the utmost EXPERIENCE, EXPOSURE, and SUCCESS. So that I may provide you a venue of not only entertainment, but a venue so that you may become better at, and appreciative of our great sport.

I would love to post the YouTube video here for all of you to listen to, but don't want to cause any hard feelings, because this forum comes up in our discussion for a small segment. It wasn't necessarily bad or degrading comments but more a true criticism from an opinion that was once a great source of information here on Predator Masters.

What do you guys think?

52261855386_89990c3269_b.jpg

Doesn't matter what we think. Only matters what the powers that be think.

Me personally, I'd like to see/hear it. But I'm already a sub to your YouTube and know where to find it regardless.

Originally Posted By: crapshootDoesn't matter what we think. Only matters what the powers that be think.

I understand, but would like to hear from those that head this place, as a respectful gesture I'll wait to post as I enjoy posting here and don't want to compromise that.

Originally Posted By: crapshootMe personally, I'd like to see/hear it. But I'm already a sub to your YouTube and know where to find it regardless.

Man, I really appreciate that, a lot, I absolutely love hearing from fellas who have been here a long while that sub and follow our work. I appreciate you.

Is the question something like - "are we awake or woke?". I think that t should be shared and id a dialog follows, we should be better for it. One should never stop learning from people who know more than you and are willing to share what they know.

I don't think the powers check in here very often anymore either.

I've watched part of it, will get it all watched over the next couple days. Haven't got to the part you mention yet. I will mention, that when Cal got banned here, I was so pissed I took a voluntary vacation from this place that lasted several years.

- DAA

And, to add... Just thinking about, remembering that time, I'm getting pissed again. I distinctly remember the owner of this place posting to tell me not let the door hit me in the [beeep].

- DAA

I watched it on YouTube, great content as always.

Everything that Cal talks about you can tell is pure knowledge based upon years of effort and experience. When it flows out that smooth and easy without effort, there’s no chance you’re getting fed a line of crap. That kind of knowledge is why I came to this site when I was getting into it, and that kind of knowledge is now mostly gone from this site. True hunters that are looking to develop and learn new or better skills and practices, or simply just want to enjoy sharing stories and experiences with like minded folks of similar interest, need and appreciate this type of content.

When I was younger and went on group hunts with my dad and his buddies, I didn’t get mad or upset because those guys were more successful or killed better animals than me. I wanted to learn from them so that I could get to that level. They had put in the years and the work to develop the craft and get there. If I had quit going on hunts, quit asking questions, quit watching and listening to how they were doing things, I imagine I would have lost interest in hunting or be very poor at it at the least. If the people responsible for this forum run off the people with that type of experience and knowledge to share, they are doing a disservice to those looking to
learn and keep it going for future generations.

Also, I’d be all about some Cal Taylor rabbit 1-10. Fresh quality sounds are good things.

I've been a member here for just a few months short of 20 yrs. This is one of the few sights where if someone doesn't agree with you, your lineage, IQ or sexual orientation doesn't become part of the discussion. I don't believe that someone was ever banned for their knowledge but more likely arrogance and lack of control of their language came into play. If I'm wrong I'm more willing to enlightened.

I learned a long time ago that getting into an argument over something as trivial as an internet post is pretty futile as the anonymity of the internet give people sense that they can be abusive. Here that attitude will get you banned, and I like that, I don't need to put up with a lot of crap for a little knowledge as most of that knowledge can be found other places without the attitude.

If you want to post the video go ahead, but I see little purpose other than to piss off the management here, you already have a sight unrelated to PM with the video posted and just a mere link to your sight and episode# and your impression of the mans knowledge should be sufficient without stirring the pot by adding the facts that he was banned on this sight.

I don't remember a lot of the water under the bridge. There were people banned before and after I was a moderator for various reasons. Some were because they couldn't or wouldn't play well with others, or simply didn't like some of the "powers that be". Most the "powers that be" are gone now or never stop by.

I remember that there were some members that everybody thought were banned that were not. They just stopped coming and everyone assumed they were. Others were banned because they wanted to advertise their wares, but not pay the sponsor fee or follow forum rules.

When I first showed up here, it seemed that most the active members already knew each other, either personally, or by reputation. Then over the next several years there was tremendous growth of the forum and a lot of "newbies" asking a lot of "dumb" questions. Some of the old hands didn't "suffer fools lightly" and back and forth that ensued lead to some being axed after refusing to "play nice". A lot of trolls in the those days as well as competing forums. I don't ever know if there are any of the "competing forums" left, and this one does not see near the traffic it used to.

Most guys like to hear from experienced hands, as long as they are not told what a dumb@$$ they are while they are hearing it.

I think everyone lost a little over time due to nothing more than differences of opinion.

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI don't remember a lot of the water under the bridge. There were people banned before and after I was a moderator for various reasons. Some were because they couldn't or wouldn't play well with others, or simply didn't like some of the "powers that be". Most the "powers that be" are gone now or never stop by.

I remember that there were some members that everybody thought were banned that were not. They just stopped coming and everyone assumed they were. Others were banned because they wanted to advertise their wares, but not pay the sponsor fee or follow forum rules.

When I first showed up here, it seemed that most the active members already knew each other, either personally, or by reputation. Then over the next several years there was tremendous growth of the forum and a lot of "newbies" asking a lot of "dumb" questions. Some of the old hands didn't "suffer fools lightly" and back and forth that ensued lead to some being axed after refusing to "play nice". A lot of trolls in the those days as well as competing forums. I don't ever know if there are any of the "competing forums" left, and this one does not see near the traffic it used to.

Most guys like to hear from experienced hands, as long as they are not told what a dumb@$$ they are while they are hearing it.

I think everyone lost a little over time due to nothing more than differences of opinion.

Bingo
I also remember a moderator being banned for banning someone without the proper vote.
Not saying that things were always right, but not always wrong either.
A lot of the knowledgeable ones just didn't play well with others.

Originally Posted By: AWS
If you want to post the video go ahead, but I see little purpose other than to piss off the management here, you already have a sight unrelated to PM with the video posted and just a mere link to your sight and episode# and your impression of the mans knowledge should be sufficient without stirring the pot by adding the facts that he was banned on this sight.

I apologize if you think I'm intentionally stirring the pot, as that is not my intent... I am however bringing to light, many of the most knowledgeable people in the industry who used to post here, are now gone. AND it's not hurting them, it's hurting this place. IF anything, I'm trying to do the opposite of upsetting the management, but helping with what others are calling a slowly dwindling site... My goal here is to fuel more people, whether it is a newbie with genuine questions, OR it's the fellas who left, some of the most advanced killers that could be helpful that should be here to help.

I think there needs to be a little thicker skin, sure it needs to be structured in a way that the forum isn't a $hit show, but sometimes it hurts to get disciplined, in both ways. I'm thinking there's decent compromise where those who know more than 99% here, should still be here informing and educating those who want and need it.

If you really sit back and think about it... There is a reason some of the best of the best, aren't posting on the largest Predator Hunting forum in the world. They used to, and IMHO still should be.

I'm not management, just a recent moderator on a couple insignificant areas but a long-time member.

I haven't been involved with banning any longtime member and personally think that if any of the people you think would be an asset to the sight and want to come back on, I'm sure they could ask to be on the sight again and abide by the rules of the sight.

But again, people don't get banned because they are nice, informative and helpful.

And they usually had plenty of warnings and sometimes even a few days time out. Again, not sticking up for the management. Just saying how it was when I was on staff.

Skinney,
I watch your stuff on YT as well as view your posts here. I've been on this site for ~17 years mainly as a lurker. However, I see you and what you bring to the sport as an ambassador to the sport. Your articulate, respectful and at the end of the day bring valuable content to the sport. I would hope others would see it this way.

Not having been involved in the "politics" of this site, I've seen this site dry up and didn't know why. I chalked it up to social media being the place to go today. Anyway, I enjoy this site and enjoy your content too. Good luck and thanks for the contribution.

I think you should post it on Predator Masters!

If we don't get more activity on Predator Masters this place is going to die.

Right now the post on the bottom of Predator Hunting page is 8 weeks old. Not to many years ago it would of only taken one week to fill up the first page of the Predator Hunting Forum with posts, at this time of the year.

If Predator Masters members have to go to YouTube, Instagram and Facebook to see what they want, the activity on Predator Masters will decline even more.

Thanks for posting on Predator Masters skinney!

Back