Rimfire can suggestion

crapshoot

I know this is going to be a stretch but I'll ask anyway.

Does anyone know of a rimfire can that would handle 221 fireball pressures?

Originally Posted By: crapshootI know this is going to be a stretch but I'll ask anyway.

Does anyone know of a rimfire can that would handle 221 fireball pressures?

Not saying one doesn't exist but I don't know of any rimfire cans that are rated for anything more than 17/22 Hornet or 5.7x28.

The Banish 223 can from Silencer Central is possibly one they may interest you. It's a dedicated 223 centerfire can that is only 9 ounces and is 7in long as well as it's serviceable so if you use it on rimfires, which are much dirtier, you can take it apart and clean it.

Already have a dedicated 223 can but it's not serviceable. If I can't find one that will work on the 221fb, no big deal. Just was wondering.

Look at Griffin suppressors. I believe they make one that is serviceable and can be used on both 22 and 223. It is called Resistance 22 Modular Silencer, 22 LR through 223 Rem.

I'll take a look at it. It's probably a serviceable 223 can rather than a rimfire size can that's capable of handling 221fb pressures.

The Griffen resistance 22 OD. is 1.375".
Most rimfire cans are 1'.
Don't really want something that big around in the way of my pistol sight on my 22lr.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettGriffin Optimus. I have a yhm turbo in jail. I got a little larger can because I want extra suppression.

Let me rephrase the question.

I am looking for (probably doesn't exist) a rf sized can (1" o.d.) that could handle the pressures of the 221fb.

I already have a 223 dedicated can that I run on the 221fb but wouldn't mind a much smaller option that could be used on my rimfires and won't obscure the sights on my 22lr pistol.

Ok. So I have a tbac take down. I also have a 17 fireball since that can is approved for pistol 5.7. I asked if it would work on the fireball. Tbac said it should be fine. I tried it and found it suppresses sound on the 17 fireball pretty well. I still and going to use the turbo can when it comes. Only because I want max suppression on that gun

Originally Posted By: crapshootI'll contact tbac.
Call and talk to Zac he's a wealth of knowledge and will have all the answers you seek. First thing he'll probably ask you is what's your barrel length. Length affects muzzle pressure.

Ray w/TBAC posts here occasionally and he could possibly have the answer but Ray's usually out testing stuff so we don't see him around here that much anymore.

Originally Posted By: crapshootThey already told me no go.
Response was from
Blake Liley.

That doesn't surprise me and it's what I was expecting they'd tell you. I was a little surprised when someone said TBAC told them a 22TD would be ok on their 17FB.

I have a couple Griffin Optimus Micro's and have been happy with them on rimfire and centerfire. They are 5.3" long and 1.1"od. So just slightly fatter than standard rimfire cans.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: crapshootThey already told me no go.
Response was from
Blake Liley.

That doesn't surprise me and it's what I was expecting they'd tell you. I was a little surprised when someone said TBAC told them a 22TD would be ok on their 17FB. . It’s rated for 5.7x28 with a 5 inch barrel. An 18 inch a barrel on the fireball probably has less pressure than the 5.7 does at 5 inches. I also can report the 22 TD does a great job of suppression in that application.

Back