No H4895 so I am looking for benchmark powder

I could not find BM so i switched to AA2015. I am absolutely in love with it when it comes to 55-60 grain bullets.

A fine alternative!!

We ordered a pile of stuff direct from Hodgdon a couple weeks ago, and I tried to order 16 pounds of benchmark for myself. Our rep told us that benchmark would not be ran in the foreseeable future IF it ever gets produced again. I ordered 16 pounds of cfe223 instead. I have about 10 pounds of benchmark left that I'll save for my sierra loads ONLY

I live in ND an take some trips coyote hunting to warmer areas. We can go from -20 to 50/60 degrees. Just looking for temp stability an some real good velocity. Benchmark seems to do both.

If you can find some H322 it is pretty temp stable. It doesn't produce the velocities Benchmark is known for though. It's probably hard to obtain as well.

Aother one is Vihtavuori N133. It's expensive and not as temp stable, but delivers good velocities with bullets in the 40-60 grain range.

I scored 8 lbs of benchmark before covid, so haven't been looking for it & have no idea if any has been shipping or not.

I have been trying to score some varget. It shows up but sells out fast, I've missed several shots at it so far. Fortunately it's not a pressing need so if it takes time, it's ok.

I have a few extra 1 lb'ers of Benchmark I'd sell but you probably aren't anywhere close to NE Wa. are you?

Benchmark must be hit and miss. Around here in south central MO I’ve seen it in 3 or 4 shops in the last couple weeks. Small local store had 8 1 pounders on the shelf yesterday. It was also $45 a piece…..

Back