22-250

Ah, AR-10 platform. Might still be in the cards unless it’s a bunch of proprietary stuff where you can’t swap out components and get the weight down to reasonable. It would be very nice to have one lower and be able to swap between 22-250 and 243 uppers. I’ve been back and forth so much on doing a 6 ARC, but if this develops into something fairly decent, I won’t think twice about it again and I’ll do just that, 22-250 and 243 switch gun.

Last edited:
My barrel should be here in June. I've seen the Alex pro magazines. Seems odd to me that I can load a 10 round mag, lock the bolt back and chamber a round every time in a 243. I either made a costly mistake or it will be a winner. Good to see there might be an option.

I too saw the BCA 22-250 deal. Looks like they have modded a amend2 mag to run the 22-250. I’m curious to see what has been done to the mag in order to work. I run a amend2 mag on my 6.5CM with no issues. So I’m optimistic

BCA saw me coming, I ordered one. Like a fish with a hook in his mouth.
Like someone above said, I like a good challenge.

Alex pro seems to have the magazine issue figured out if the BCA modded mag don’t work.

Down the 22-250 rabbit hole 🕳

Didn’t know they were available yet. I se they are listed at $584 and $599. Figured they would be about the normal $399 like all their other uppers. I’ll hold off for now since I already have two of their 243’s that I don’t shoot.lol

BCA had a video out that I don't see anymore that showed the magazine. It looked like a standard gen3 magpul but had a plastic insert on the front side of the magazine to make up for the short 22 250. They don't have the mags on their site but I would hope their not going to be 200.

I got a email a few weeks ago- was available for pre order starting 5/18. Says it ships in 2-4 weeks.
On the email it stated, they use a modded magazine.
The picture on website is a Amend2 magazine.
I pre-ordered one. Won’t get around to building it till fall-ish. Machining to be done on lower and I just order parts slowly so it don’t seem so expensive. Ha ha

Pre order price was $509 if I remember right.

Last edited:
I would assume the magazines that come with the upper are priced similar to $200 from the $399 to $599 price increase over all the other AR 10 upper prices listed. When the hype is over on them in 6 to 8 months I’m sure they will priced in line with all their other uppers. Like anything new the company is going start out with a higher, inflated price and figure they will always get more money from the ones of who have to to have it first. After waiting and thinking about them, and remembering my 243 BCA issues, I’m not in a rush for it anymore. I’ll let the bugs get worked out of them and let the prices drop after the they sit on the 2nd run for a while. I don’t want to get a dud and wait almost a year to get a working upper back like I did with my 2nd 243 from them. I will be curious to see how well and accurate they shoot… or don’t shoot first from the Guinea pigs that buy them first. Who ever buys one make sure to post your results here. I’m sure they will probably function and shoot fine. Once again a proprietary magazine for it which tells me the OP is going to have to fabricate something in his magazine to get it to work reliably.

Last edited:
i aint picking one up till they use another finish besides parkerized.

i'm also leery about the 1:14 twist. i know the caliber is geared around 55gr stuff... but as a reloader i want options. i see other folks offering them in 9 twist, etc.

the combo of the twist and finish made it a hard pass for me for now.

Originally Posted By: Dultimatpredator Once again a proprietary magazine for it which tells me the OP is going to have to fabricate something in his magazine to get it to work reliably. I'm thinking since bear creek uses a DPMS lower their amend 2 22 250 mag would work in my Aero lower. Going to buy a couple and find out.

A picture is worth a thousand words but the 22 250 does work. A specialized dynamics video, he said you can run 7 rounds in any 10 round mag or 5 in a 5 round mag no problem. Mine cycles 7 rounds no problem. That's works for me.

So I picked up one of these BCA 22-250s. Shot it last night a few times. I had two misfires with a dimple on the primer but not a deep one. A couple of the primers on fired rounds had holes in them and at least one more was cratered. This was out of eight rounds. Have not messed with ARs as much what should I be looking for? Is this trigger related, firing pin?? It was factory Remington ammo. 55gr psp.

I would start by disassembling the bcg and making sure it's clean and the firing pin is free. I would also measure a fired case and check headspace. Make sure the bolt is rotating all the way when closing and I would also extract a cycled round to see if it is getting dented or beat up in the cycling process. Where is ejected brass landing?

Last edited:
I was standing in the back of a gator shooting off the cab sighting some backup sights. Cab is about 6 ft high. It was slinging them about 4-5 ft to the right kind of behind me. I will check some of that stuff. Thanks.

It’s possible you could have a ammo inconsistency problem with light strikes and pierced primers. Do the pierced primer rounds look like their smashed flat on the whole back of the case. The barrel nut might be loose, trigger group might be bad, bolt carrier might have issues. Is the firing pin half round on the end. Try taking the bolt carrier out of the upper. Push the bolt back into the carrier, take a screw driver and push the firing pin back and forth to see if it slides up in the bolt easy so it would hit a primer with no resistance. A new 110.00 bcg with a 100.00 drop in trigger and a tight barrel nut should fix it or the 30 day guarantee.

BCA a10 uppers require a DPMS gen 1 type lower. I would call them and make sure your lower is compatible, the cut(shape) between trigger and buffer tube matters. All factory ammo should run fine.

I also picked one up. Upper functions and cycles good so far. I’m 40 rounds into it now.
It did fail to load twice early on

When shooting Remington 50 grain jhp every primer blows a hole threw it where pin strikes.

Switched to varmageddon 55 grain and primers are near perfect after being fired.

I was shooting off tri pod and brass landing at 5 o’clock position.

I chalked the holes in primer up to Remington bullets… I may be wrong to assume this. Please let me know more

Back