Hurry Up & Wait.....

alf

And so it begins......

I've come to the conclusion that ATF isn't going to approve my Form 1 suppressor anytime soon, since I applied on 12/23/21. So I made the executive decision to buy a ready made one, so as to have in time for fall.

Since I already have a couple of Dead Air muzzle brakes & their 1.375"x 24 adapter, I went with their Nomad Ti at 9.6 ozs with the direct thread. The brake & adapter will add about 3 ozs if I want to go that route.

E-form done, & prints mailed off today.....tic toc.....

https://deadairsilencers.com/products/nomad-ti/

They make solid products. I'm not familiar with the names of their attachments but I strongly urge you to get a taper mount that goes over the brake or flash hider. Direct thread to the barrel is 1960s technology and the taper mounts are far superior in every way except maybe 2oz more weight of the brake and you need one on each rifle you intend to use.

Cheers and welcome to the club!

Thanks Kino, I've avoided cans for too long, it's time.

The adapter & brake I mentioned that I have already, is the taper mount you are referencing. The Nomad comes with the direct tread if I want to go that way, or I can run the adapter & brake. I'm going to play with both options.

The brake screws on the muzzle:

da123.jpg

Adapter has 1.375"x24 ASR threads that screws into the can, which then screws onto the brake:

xeno-adapter.jpg

That taper mount will serve you well, be ready for more multiples and better opportunities for follow up shots!

I'm a little pissed off that Silencer Shop took a week and a half after receiving my info & prints to forward them to ATF late yesterday.

I guess now my official wait begins.......

Back