Oklahoma Kangaroos

pyscodog

I just read where the Oklahoma Wildlife Dept released 20 Kangaroos in the Oologah Wildlife Refuge. Seems they are hoping they will prosper and multiply offering a new hunting adventure in the future. Of course it will depend on how the Roo's fair Oklahoma weather and the environment as well as predators like coyotes.

This was on the Okla Wildlife Dept on face book. I went back and found it but have no clue how to do a link. I have to assume its real but it is April 1st.

Oklahoma is cool. Now if the state was California who knows, there is at least a 50/50 chance it could have been true!

Originally Posted By: GCOklahoma is cool. Now if the state was California who knows, there is at least a 50/50 chance it could have been true!

Lol. Stranger things have been claimed;

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Originally Posted By: GCOklahoma is cool. Now if the state was California who knows, there is at least a 50/50 chance it could have been true!

Lol. Stranger things have been claimed;

Well... huh. Probably being chased by a black panther.

Originally Posted By: GCOklahoma is cool. Now if the state was California who knows, there is at least a 50/50 chance it could have been true!
I believe it’s true but;

Quote:
News On 6 has learned the kangaroo belongs to a private owner who recaptured it unharmed Monday afternoon.

This the actual story behind it, lol

Oklahoma Hunter Catches Kangaroo On Camera | Kangoroo In Oklahoma

ADAIR, Oklahoma - Some Oklahoma hunters were in for a surprise when a strange animal ran past them. It was all captured on camera and tonight, the hunter talked with reporter Tony Russell.
Andrew Rice goes hunting all the time with his buddies. This time, they were out in a rural part of Green Country when something bizarre happened. He had just enough time to catch the thing on video flying by.

12/24/2013 Related Story: WATCH: Oklahoma Hunter Records Video Of Unexpected Animal

This is not the Australian Outback. It's Adair, Oklahoma.

"My buddy all of a sudden goes, 'what is that?' We thought it was a coyote, maybe a deer," Rice said.

Andrew Rice was out hunting with his buddies over Christmas break when they spotted something hopping through a soybean field.

"I had no idea what to think. It was just mind blown. Can't explain it, you really can't. It's just something you'd never see out in the wild like that, a kangaroo in Oklahoma," Rice said.

This was Rice's first time hunting in this field. The kangaroo dashed past the group sitting in their blind just 20 yards away.

"It's just a normal day of hunting and all of a sudden, it just pops out of nowhere. Here comes a kangaroo," Rice said.

Rice has tons of hunting friends on Facebook and if he told them what he saw on the phone, he says they wouldn't believe him. So it just had to go online.

"It just blows my mind. It's just crazy. I never thought this video would go that far," Rice said.

Just on his personal page, the video has more than 4,000 shares.

Animal experts say kangaroos actually like the winter weather and they do just fine in the snow. They actually like to play in it.

It's still a bizarre sight for anyone out hunting in Oklahoma.

News On 6 has learned the kangaroo belongs to a private owner who recaptured it unharmed Monday afternoon.

Well, there ya go. Roo's in Oklahoma. LOL!! I saw Pro's and Con's right off the bat though. Pro's would be something new to hunt in Oklahoma. Con's, now I need a new rifle to hunt Kangaroos with. LOL!

I figured it would be the Adair area,if I remember right years ago there was an exotic animal
farm near there.It had some emus or ostriches,llamas and a few other exotic animals,probably came
from there.

Back