Air rifle iguana trip was a success!

jefo65

Thru together a quick video from our south florida trip for iguana.Got a lot to learn with the video stuff, but still came out pretty decent. Had an absolute blast. A must do for us now every year.
Iguana hunt

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, I had no idea shooting iguanas was a thing. Kind of the pdog of Florida lol. Thanks for posting.

With the crazy world we live in now due to component availability and crazy prices with the powder burners,myself and a couple buddies went all in with these pcp rifles and one thing led to another. Probably the most fun I've had using anything with a trigger.

I lived in Sf for a few years, I didn't know iguana hunting was a thing, I thought they were protected for some stupid reason. And I have seen some big ones that will stop traffic.

Had I known...

Them and Cuban tree frogs!

I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to congratulate you on your successful iguana-hunting trip in South Florida! It's great to hear that you had an absolute blast.
I checked out your video, and it looks like an incredible adventure. I can only imagine how cool it must have been to hunt those big iguanas with an air rifle. It even inspired m to learn more about these animals, so I checked related articles at pocketpetcentral.com. Now I am considering doing the same next season. So thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited:
Saw a show on the outdoor channel recently. They were taking small boats down these canal type small waterways along roads and through neighborhoods shooting the iguanas with air rifles and using a black lab that would jump off the boat to retrieve the ones they shot. Looked like tons of fun.

Back