Silencer Central new Efile experience?

Been 2 months and I’m still waiting on that phone call Erie…..

Yeah the salesman on the phone when I ordered made it sound like we had everything taken care of right then and there over the phone. Come to find out it’s been a pain in the [beeep] and to the best of my knowledge my stuff still hasn’t been submitted to the atf. Pretty disgusted

According to their website the average wait time is between 250-370 days unfortunately. My friend is over 370!

Question; does anyone who has purchased a second suppressor know if you have to do the fingerprint cards again? Reason I ask is I ordered my 2nd and haven't been sent the cards. Filled everything they sent me electronically and they said I'm good to go, just hurry up and wait.

They are a good company and always on top of things. I susly all this waiting is on totay ATF's end. Typical government efficiency.

Last edited:
P&Y
I agree the longest delay is probably on the ATF end but they have to receive the paperwork first before their delay starts. As of right now the delay is on Silencer Centrals end. According to ChrisLD he’s been waiting 2 months after all his paperwork has been submitted to Silencer Central. This is adding further delay on top of the ATF delay, that’s the frustrating part of this whole thing. I would like to know if it’s the same if someone uses a Kiosk through SilencerCo.

I used the Individual trust with Silencer Central with the Kiosk. Did not get a reply as to when the ATF cashed check. I was not happy when I had sent SC everything, and then 2 weeks later letting me know they got everything and would be sending it off. I personally have not been able to prove if the individual trust is faster or not. time will tell.
Later the same month of August 2021 I sent off for another stamp this time as an individual. Did not use SC this time. Last week checked with ATF,,, cashed check on November 17, 2021. WOW if it takes 10-12 months,,,,,from November? that's a long time.

Yes they have to have separate finger print cards for each submission. And photos too. It didn't used to be that way with a Trust. We did not have to be fingerprinted and photographed. That was part of the appeal of the trust.
I did not go with my other trust since the law changed and I would have to have everyone on the trust (NOW) fingerprinted and sign papers. Everyone has to Now, have a background check. ATF did tell me this. Dang this has become way more difficult.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cherokeetrackerI used the Individual trust with Silencer Central with the Kiosk. Did not get a reply as to when the ATF cashed check. I was not happy when I had sent SC everything, and then 2 weeks later letting me know they got everything and would be sending it off. I personally have not been able to prove if the individual trust is faster or not. time will tell.
Later the same month of August 2021 I sent off for another stamp this time as an individual. Did not use SC this time. Last week checked with ATF,,, cashed check on November 17, 2021. WOW if it takes 10-12 months,,,,,from November? that's a long time.

Yes they have to have separate finger print cards for each submission. And photos too. It didn't used to be that way with a Trust. We did not have to be fingerprinted and photographed. That was part of the appeal of the trust.
I did not go with my other trust since the law changed and I would have to have everyone on the trust (NOW) fingerprinted and sign papers. Everyone has to Now, have a background check. ATF did tell me this. Dang this has become way more difficult.

I didn’t think that Silencer Central used Kiosk? I thought it was only SilencerCo that used Kiosk.

I did the survey a few weeks ago and still have not received my shirt. I have been trying to find any info on my efile on the ATF website but no luck just says no notices. right now waiting for a call from ATF to see if I can take my suppressor to So Africa and return with it, seems no one at customs, tsa or the state dept will say yes or no. sure hope the lady I finally got in touch with finally will have some good info. my 30.06 with an 18" barrel is very loud with out the can on it, even with muffs

Well here is an update. Talked with the ATF this am and they told me the Silencer central individual trust went through on Aug 24, 2021. I ask the man about how long was the time frame on present stuff? He said about 8 months. When I said, Oh cool! that will put me at the end of this month or possibly sometime next month. Wow did he ever start crawfishing! Well, well uh, now wait a minute you know. I laughed and said I wouldn't hold his feet to the fire on this one. Hahaha But seeing a glimpse of light hopefully. Hope its not a false hope. Time will tell and I will let you know... He would not come right out and answer me on the cashing of my money order. Remember the other form 4 was not cashed till November 17, 2021 and it was received on August 26, 2021.
Dealer told me this morning that all the other customers have had to wait a year. We will see.

OK A new discussion with a different dealer this morning. They had the brand new Silencer Central setup. This latest and greatest is since January 2022. Mine was last year in 2021. I was told I would be lucky to get my stamp in a year. BUT !!! With the new system in place a man standing right there claimed it only took 78 days for completion. Two of the workers at the gun store said they could confirm this. He also has another paper trail going that has been over a year. Another customer was looking at dates and stated that his should be in the next few weeks. This is according to his paperwork that will be a year. He is waiting on 2 stamps.
It been a crapshoot in some ways. Hopefully the NEW electronic system will keep going with no glitches.

I'm at almost a year and still waiting on three from Silencer Central. This is my first time using them. I have seven other cans using different shops and at most they only took 6 months. Silencer Central does a great job on the phone with you but they are slow as h311 getting your paper work sent in to the ATF. Doubtful I'd ever use them again.

The dealer I spoke with yesterday said that in 2021 Silencer Central sent the paperwork to a place other than the ATF. ( can't prove or disprove) Anyway according to him (the dealer), the paperwork went to 5 different places before it got to the ATF and this was using their E-file system. Wish I had solid proof of this.

I filed for my second suppressor through Silencer Central and the ATF efile on April 19,
2022. Heard all the 100 days or less stories. I’m still waiting. Tuesday will be day 154. My first can through them I did the old fashioned way and went from august 2020 to April 221.

I have 2 in prison at Silencer Central. 177 days and counting. Was told 60-90 days estimated wait through e-file when I purchased.
thumbdown.gif

Day 168 today waiting on my Banish 22. Have been reading the Efile system is running more toward 200 days. Something like 42,000 submissions in one month. It will happen eventually.

Back