Good Night Out

Bowhntr6pt

Been a little remiss from hunting hogs and coyotes, got out this afternoon and had a good hunt.

Saw this sow and used a fence line to mask my movement, got to about 15 yards, she never knew I was there... did not realize she was about to give birth...

Slipped upon a few more while looking for a good place to set up the caller...

Once I got set up and it got dark, this big guy came to within 40 yards...

Had this coyote come running in to the caller but he stayed about 100 yards out and just inside the woods... he actually circled around me to my left and I ended up shooting him at about 150 yards back over my left shoulder from where I was oriented when he was working the edge of the woods. He seemed wise...

While moving to another location I spotted this guy hanging out on the edge of a group of hogs. He was exactly 221 long steps so I figured about 200 yards. I like to scan with a thermal as I move for this very reason.

So all in all tonight I managed to get six hogs and two coyote before midnight. Property owner quite pleased.

Rifle is a home build 6MM ARC with Hornady 108gr ELD Match, Thermal is a Trijicon Hunter MK III 35mm. YHM suppressor.

Back