Sarasota FL Hog Hunt

Stugotz

I got back this past Saturday from a weeks hogs hunt at a buddies ranch. I ended up shooting 10 hogs total and plan on giving the pork away to customers that enjoy smoking game. There was nothing special about this trip other than the 1st evening I scored a double. Here's a Pix:

They both rolled over dead in their tracks.

I'll bet it was hard to go back to MN after being in FL for a week.

Congrats on the great hunt, I gotta try that sometime.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI'll bet it was hard to go back to MN after being in FL for a week.

Congrats on the great hunt, I gotta try that sometime.

The 1st few days the weather was very pleasent with highs in the 70's but humid. Tuesday, thru Thrusday were a lot warmer with highs in the 80's which made it hard to spend too much time outside between 11 and 3PM. I would craw around on the is 4 wheel drive electric card (moving at 2-3 MPH) to try to sneak on on the hogs.

It worked great, and even better at night for driving around with thermal and NODS. I had a big jug of ice water in the blue softside cooler.

Originally Posted By: StugotzThe 1st few days the weather was very pleasent with highs in the 70's but humid. Tuesday, thru Thrusday were a lot warmer with highs in the 80's which made it hard to spend too much time outside between 11 and 3PM.

Glad you had a successful trip. If you want the full FL hunting experience come back in August when the heat index is in the high 90's early evening and you are hunting in a full face over mosquito suit and knee high snake boots. I usually have to keep a towel stuffed up over my forehead to soak up the sweat so I can keep it out of the eyepiece of my thermal scanner and look through the mesh into the eyepiece because of the cloud of mosquitoes around my head.

And then there's this which makes stalking with no lights interesting......

Last edited:
Never saw any snakes, at night while crawling around on that electric cart I was shocked at all of the possums I saw with my thermal though!

I'll go on record and tell you right now I would NEVER survive in that kind of heat and humidity! I woke up this morning to temps in the low teens and a dusting of sleet covered with a 1/4" of snow outside...

Back