Silencer Central new Efile experience?

ChrisLD

Ordered a 223 banish and went through the whole deal sent my prints in last week…. I was just curious if any of you guys have any update on the real world wait time with the new system?

Also should add ive been happy thus far with the company. Seem like they run a tight ship

Last edited:
When you did the efile was you already set up in ATFs e file with password and stuff? Or did you do with silencer central. Getting ready to order Banish 30.

Thanks
Jon

Originally Posted By: ChrisLDOrdered a 223 banish and went through the whole deal sent my prints in last week…. I was just curious if any of you guys have any update on the real world wait time with the new system?

Also should add ive been happy thus far with the company. Seem like they run a tight ship
I just ordered the Banish 223 last week, waiting on my finger print kit to arrive fro Silencer Central. I may just go to the local Sheriff department and get my fingerprints done there that way I know they’ll be done right. They charge 20.00. I’m just concerned if I mess up the ink fingerprints then I’ll have to go through the process again and just add delays. So far I’ve been happy with Silencer Central.

I went through silencer central for everything. They set up my trust took all my information. They file it all electronically for you. I sent my fingerprints back a couple weeks ago. Took several weeks for the fingerprint card to get here. They say no more than 90 day turnaround …. We will see

Originally Posted By: Erie660Originally Posted By: ChrisLDOrdered a 223 banish and went through the whole deal sent my prints in last week…. I was just curious if any of you guys have any update on the real world wait time with the new system?

I just ordered the Banish 223 last week, waiting on my finger print kit to arrive fro Silencer Central. I may just go to the local Sheriff department and get my fingerprints done there that way I know they’ll be done right. They charge 20.00. I’m just concerned if I mess up the ink fingerprints then I’ll have to go through the process again and just add delays. So far I’ve been happy with Silencer Central.

I trust the electronic figure prints being done correctly more than the paper finger prints. I’ve done both electronic and sheriff’s ink finger prints for suppressors, concealed carry and professional licenses. Every electronic fingerprint I’ve done the last couple of years will reject your print on the spot and make the technician redo the print. At silencer shop they also save your electronic prints so you don’t have to do prints again for future orders. With current technology, ink fingerprints will be very rare in a few years.

Last edited:
the e file is still not working according to Cindy at SC.the ATF changed the rules again I bought mine on 12-13-2021 and it is still not filed. Cindy said the ATF does not want them filing for you and she is supposed to be calling all people from 11-31 what ever cyber Monday was and setting up phone appts so you can be on your computer with her or someone from SC and the ATF web Site to get thing done then who knows how long

update, got a call from SC walked me through the e-file system (I had already registered with the AFT a couple months ago and got a password and pin number if you have not you need to before they call you to finish the e-file. it seems they cannot e-file for you, you will have to do it with SC on the phone with you.ATF says you have to file. makes no sense to me and they claim 90 day turn around we'll see

I’m a little disappointed in Silencer Central. It took almost 2 weeks to get a fingerprint kit. It has been 3 weeks since they received my fingerprints and I’m still waiting for a call to take care of the e filing. Maybe they are understaffed and have to many orders, I don’t know but it’s still frustrating.

they only have a few people making calls and trying to hire more (you know how that is working) and when they did mine last week I had done my paper work there on 12-13-21 and they were calling everyone starting 11-29-21 first so it might take a bit to get to you the ones in the system come first as it should be so be patience

Originally Posted By: hydehunterthey only have a few people making calls and trying to hire more (you know how that is working) and when they did mine last week I had done my paper work there on 12-13-21 and they were calling everyone starting 11-29-21 first so it might take a bit to get to you the ones in the system come first as it should be so be patience
Thanks for the information. What was the documents I signed that Silencer Central emailed to me? They had it all filled out and I just signed them electronically. Is this what we have to do all over again with the ATF on the phone? Thanks

I’m also disappointed. I placed my order a couple days before Christmas and still haven’t even got the phone call from the “submissions team”

Everything has been slow thus far…

My friend ended up ordering with silencer central not long after I did and is thinking about cancelling his order and using a silencer shop kiosk at the local gun shop.

Seems like they are greatly overwhelmed…

Hopefully positive news to come

I too am waiting. Purchased, e signed their docs, filled out and returned the fingerprint packet. 3 weeks later got a text confirming they received everything. I have no clue if its been filed or what. Its a long, frustrating process, but I knew that before I even purchased.

I'm definitely behind on the latest methods, or as to what is going on with this e-file. But, can you e-file from the kiosk? It seems a little silly to have e-file, but still having to get paper fingerprints and photos done.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI'm definitely behind on the latest methods, or as to what is going on with this e-file. But, can you e-file from the kiosk? It seems a little silly to have e-file, but still having to get paper fingerprints and photos done. Originally Posted By: 204 ARI'm definitely behind on the latest methods, or as to what is going on with this e-file. But, can you e-file from the kiosk? It seems a little silly to have e-file, but still having to get paper fingerprints and photos done.
I may be wrong but I think when you use a kiosk the information you submit goes to SilencerCo and they do the E Filing. With Silencer Central they do all the paperwork and E file it to the ATF. My understanding now is the ATF does not want them to E file your documents and now they have to do it over the phone with who ever is applying. Definitely a little confusing right now.

also has everyone that made a purchase recently from SC gone on the ATF website and registered and got a password and pin number? if you have not, you need to because when you get the call from SC you will need that info to complete the submission

Originally Posted By: hydehunteralso has everyone that made a purchase recently from SC gone on the ATF website and registered and got a password and pin number? if you have not, you need to because when you get the call from SC you will need that info to complete the submission
I signed my documents 2 weeks ago and created an account with the ATF. I’m still waiting on a email or phone call from Silencer Central to complete this process. I did receive a email from them yesterday to do a review online and rate my experience and receive a free shirt. I haven’t filled out the survey because if I did it would not be positive. This whole ordeal is very frustrating because they sure didn’t make it sound like this over the phone.

Back