Two sounds at once worth bothering with?

204 AR

For those with callers with this capability, do you think it's ever gotten you a coyote that was otherwise not coming? I'm considering a couple new callers and that feature costs an extra $100 and I'm not sure it's worth it or not.

204, my Nightstalker has the capability but I honestly have never once tried it!

I literally just had this conversation with a buddy of mine this week and I told him I'd buy the Sabre if I had it to do over. Not sure what caller your looking at but with icotec the Outlaw, Nightstalker and Sabre all use the same case, speaker, amplifier and remote range is the same.

Originally Posted By: marine guyKino, if you don’t mind me asking why would you buy the Sabre if you had to do it all over again. Thanks.

Because its the same caller other than the Nightstalker that has the ability to play 2 sounds at once and thats a feature I never use. Save your money for fuel, ammo or some other sounds from Boss or TT!

Kino, that's exactly what I'm looking at. I thought they were the same other than that, and honestly less stuff on the remote seems like a plus at night.

BTW, I'm very happy with my revolt other than it has remote issues and they're unavailable, and not the greatest at night anyway.

Northwest Indiana. I’m about 10 minutes East of Valparaiso, In. I would like to talk to you sometime. We could exchange telephone numbers if you would like, through a PM. I’m at work right now though.

Any chance you'd measure the battery compartment? I looked at their rechargeable pack and it has the same ends as my revolt, the battery might be a different shape though.

When calling bobcats with electronic 15 minutes from the end of my stand I use a mouth call… I use it at the same time as the electronic and I’m amazed how it will draw out the hiders

Originally Posted By: 204 ARAny chance you'd measure the battery compartment? I looked at their rechargeable pack and it has the same ends as my revolt, the battery might be a different shape though.

I'll measure it for you tomorrow but it holds 5 batteries per side and I honestly think its the same one that my CS24 uses.

APC was out of stock on the Sabre, then I went to Midway and out of stock there also, but they had the night stalker almost as cheap as other places had the sabre, so I went with the night stalker. I'm convinced my LD battery will plug right into it.

I run a single sound on my callers, but there are times I will chime in with a mouth call. Is it the magic bullet, I can't really tell, maybe it didn't spook one that was already coming in, maybe it did. The country I hunt isn't conducive to observing a coyotes reaction to the call, it just feels like doing it is right on some stands, or maybe just a desperate cry for help on the stand.

Last edited:
AWS, yeah it always feels like a last ditch effort on a dead stand. Well the one I ordered is capable, so I'll have to try it sometime. I still would have gotten the other one if it was available, but the midway discount was significant enough to try the more expensive one.

All my callers are single sound but I could pack along a M-1 Bandit(fits in a pocket) and run two callers. I don't think it would be a high enough percentage deal to bother with. I'm not a big user of coyote vocals but I could see some advantage in being able to play two different vocals at the same time.

I have about 7 different "stereo" sounds that have two sounds on them. Playing them with two different speakers and having just one sound come out of each speaker really does sound good.

I have called in lots of coyotes and bobcats with these "stereo" sounds, but it is not like they call in way more bobcats and coyotes than single sounds do.

My outlaw has that feature, I normally use it to play a distress sound long with a "general" raven or magpie just to add some a little extra realism. Sometimes I'll do it with a kitten/pup sound and a fox or coyote.
Not sure if it actually works but I did have a coyote come in at roughly 35 mins into a stand while playing TT Snowshoe and TT Raven.

On the Foxpro, it's called FoxFusion. I mainly use it to overlay a raven or magpie over a rabbit distress sound, which really adds realism on stand

Back