Possible Issues with AGM Rattler TS35-640

checkerfred

I just bought one of these and got it in last week. I notice that when I first turn it on, things are really detailed but then once the display comes up with the battery/time, the picture quality changes to a blurred/smeared image.

I do know how to adjust focus with the front element so it’s not that. For example, I can turn it on, and look at a fence 100 yards away and see all the details of it. Then after a few seconds it just blurs those details out. Same with a tree at 40-50 yards. I can see the bark detail when first turned on but then a few seconds later that’s gone.

If anyone else has one of these do you guys see this as well? It’s almost like it goes from a detail 640 resolution image to a 384 or something. Kinda disappointed it’s doing this

Checker,

I know nothing about AGM thermals, but make sure the scope is NUCing. If it is not, either manually NUC the scope, or make sure it is set to AutoNUC in the settings.

If this doesn't fix it, I would contact the dealer you bought it from. This is one of many reasons to buy from a quality dealer as they should be able to help you out with things like this.

Originally Posted By: KirschChecker,

I know nothing about AGM thermals, but make sure the scope is NUCing. If it is not, either manually NUC the scope, or make sure it is set to AutoNUC in the settings.

If this doesn't fix it, I would contact the dealer you bought it from. This is one of many reasons to buy from a quality dealer as they should be able to help you out with things like this.

It is NUCing automatically. This is happening right on power up

Originally Posted By: Dark moon 63HansETX was talking about that a couple weeks ago. Hopefully it's not the nature of the beast.

Where did he mention this at? I’m not too happy about this. It’s really detailed on start up and then just switches

The late night vision show, best of scopes under 5,000. 2 episodes back. He actually said the background was washed. My mistake. This wasn’t said, Good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dark moon 63The late night vision show, best of scopes under 5,000. 2 episodes back. He actually said the background was washed.

It’s not really washed. It’s almost like the resolution changes. Animals are fairly sharp too but it’s just details in the scene. I’m going to call AGM Monday. Maybe they can help out. If not it may be going back to the dealer.

If there is a problem with the scope, they will replace it with a new one and issue a new warranty. Contact them (AGM) and ask to speak to Todd.

Back