2nd of the season

lockrotor

My hunting buddy wasn't able to go out last night with me. My battery charger took a [beeep], so out comes the hand calls. Go to the farm with a nice big open field with the wind from the north blowing south. Its 14 degree F in my area. Took out the call and started my serenade of jack rabbit destress. After the 3rd series of cries I see a coyote coming in from the south about 175 yds on the edge of the fence line. Goes down into a little dip and what seems a long wait, pops out about 100yd from me. Standing there, I send a 25gr HP and flop its down. Nice big male.
Thanks for taking the time to look.

51755667933_eb760da5f2_c.jpg

No hunting partner and no e-caller last night could have been a bit of a handicap but you didn't let that stop you! Well done and congrats on a nice looking coyote!

.25 grain bullet out of what Locator?
Dang. Afew years ago, that one might have been a 50$ bill.
Nowdays, piddly.
Good job [beeep].
I aint killed a single one yet this year
frown.gif

Thanks Snowshoes, I was a little out of breath blowing, then had to drag my own coyote back. I'm fat and old.

Hi Borkon, glad to see on here. It was shot with a 17 Remington. And yes a couple years ago for sure $50. Maybe $10 if lucky today. But we all know it's not for the money, its the exercise.

Back