First one of the season

lockrotor

Got home from work Friday night, and grab my hunting buddy and went out and made a call in a proven spot for us the last couple of years. As you can tell we don't have any snow on the ground. This year Im given the thermo a try. Don't have all the bugs worked out on it yet, no video. Started the call with a rabbit distress, and right away a couple coyotes, lite up in the gulley. It put a smile on my face. But no one showed their face. After a while I changed the sound and in a minute had a pair coming in from the north, heading south. They just trotted down the corn field parallel to us. It sure was fun to see the pair come in and stop at about 175yd. Cross hair on the chest and the 25gr. HP was on its way, and the coyote just tip over, the other one ran back the direction they came. Went out tonight and only saw deer.

Thanks for taken the time to read about my hunt.

51725933239_7b9ff4cd61_c.jpg

A decent looking coyote to kick things off
thumbup1.gif

We’ve never been allowed night hunting here but I do find the thought of using thermo very intriguing. Likely will never get the chance to try it but still find it interesting.
I see you used a 25 gr hp, so I presume you’re using a 17 cal. of some sort.

I had plans of going out this morning but it was considerably windier than I like. With a wind-chill variation of -22*F to -30*F it was an easy decision to stay home.

Thanks Snowshoes, it's different for sure. Scanning is different, so used to moon lite nights. Yes is was a 17 Remington. Will try again next weekend, hopefully will be able to connect on another coyote.

Back