Which E-caller is best?

I currently have a Foxpro Firestorm but it's been troublesome at best. I'm thinking about getting a new e-caller but I'm not sure what's the best bang for my buck. Can I get some of you with more experience than me to give me info on what you consider to be a good e-caller and why? I'm also wondering, is the Foxbang, foxmotion and other Foxpro stuff worth having? Another consideration is the remote control. The buttons on my TX-9 remote have always been a pain. Is the Foxpro TX-1000 the cream of the crop or does Lucky Duck or someone else have something just as good or better? Thanks for the help!

Well, I don't know which is best but I'm on my 2nd foxpro with TX-1000 and not real happy with it. I started out with the FX3 (years ago) and now have the Fusion. I have used several other brands in between and have had success with them but they all left me wanting. Some had to many features that I would never use and others just crapped out, some pretty quick. To be fair I'm not a high tech kinda guy. Foxpro has a built in charger that is nice, if you use a call a lot taking batteries out to charge sucks. The power switch on my Foxpro has been turned on by accident when in my bag to find the batteries dead when in the field. The range for the remote sucks. I only mentioned Foxpro because you asked, I haven't used Lucky Duck

The best, that's a tough Question. A lot depends on what works for you. I like simple , foxpro in my opinion is too complicated maybe more suited to someone that has to have the cellphone with everything. I've owned four over the years and still use a original CS 24.

I like simple my Minaskas M1 Bandit is still one of my favorites, I have two since they are no longer being made. My original is 20 or more years old, still going strong.

I just purchased a wildlife tech which also has a simple numeric remote. It's new so time will tell on it, but I like it so far.

I hate having to look down and read a remote or take the time to scroll through a list of sounds, I want to keep my eyes scanning for critters not messing with a remote

I also do a lot of remote camps without electricity 120v so rechargeable battery packs are out for me.

Good luck on your search

Lots of good ones out there,they all call coyotes and cats.Get whichever one that has the features you like best.I am running a Lucky Duck Revolt and get along with it pretty good.

Best is hard to pin down when talking about just about anything. But for me...

Started with a Johnny Stewart PM3, with the 50' cord. It called critters but was a pain with the cord of course.

Got a Foxpro, a Wildfire. Small, but worked, remote wasn't great and left me wanting better.

Fury, better than the Wildfire and better remote, still not what I was looking for

Fusion, more features than the Fury but still left me wanting. Nice remote with the tx1000 but if it was behind me, or around a hill it didn't work. Needed an extra speaker out here in the open. And what's worse, went through some serious dry spells without calling anything.

LD Revolt, more than loud enough for any realistic situation, the vocals were a game changer for me, cost was very reasonable at that time. The remote works well, though it and the call are more cheaply put together than a foxpro for sure. The remote does some funny things sometimes when trying to shut down and I'm on my second remote which Rick sent at no charge several years ago now. Battery pack will run it for at least 2 days I'm sure. Let's put it this way, I'm not looking for another caller until this one craps out.

It sounds like the newer foxpros are really good also, and they've added a lot of sounds they didn't have a few years ago I guess.

I bought my first Foxpro a FX5 in 2008. I have used Foxpro callers ever since then.

With the TX1000 remotes you can put any of your 50 favorite sounds in the Favorites/Presets and have them set to start at the volume you want.

I use the 1 through 4 preset buttons for emergency sounds for stopping coyotes, coaxing coyotes and challenging coyotes as quick as possible.

On the TX1000 remote you can put your most used sounds in 1 through 9 and in 42 through 50. By doing this you can see sounds 1 through 9 when you go to Favorites/Presets and when you scroll backwards you will have 9 more favorite sounds on the screen instantly in spots 42 through 50.

By setting up your TX1000 this way you can quickly go to 18 of your most used sounds without having to scroll through a bunch of sounds to get to them.

To be honest I don't use any of the Foxpro features other than the 4 preset sounds and the favorites/Presets category the Auxiliary button for the decoy, the mute button and the recall button to switch back and forth between 2 sounds.

I'm running a CS24 and an Icotec Nightstalker, both call coyotes but the remote range of Icotec is FAR FAR FAR superior to the Foxpro, not even comparable. Either company will take care of you, both calls critters.

Last edited:
3 foxpros, (wildfire, wildfire 2, banshee) 3 sets of problems, between remotes not funtioning to eating batteries, and fox jack decoys not working, caller randomly coming on, foxbang not working....
..primos turbo dogg, zero problems in over 5yrs...wanting to try an icotec...but ive given up on foxpro...i will say foxpro sounds are better but callers are less reliable in my experience

I have tried out the Foxpro and am looking for a used one to tinker with and improve. Currently I am using a Primos Alpha Dog. Range during testing is 150 to 200 yards although it starts getting weak response at 200 yards. To get this range I added an extended antenna and raised the call on a tripod. It is of course line of site. However, I seldom set it out farther than 50 yards. Sounds are clear and Loud. I have called in coyotes, Bobcats and dozens of hawks.

The remote is easy to use. I just put my favorite sounds in my favorites file.

I have three Alpa dogs. Two function and the other will not connect to a hand unit. The third will either be used for parts or I will resolder the mother board to get it to connect.

Now I know that many prefer the Foxpro and other callers but the Alpha dog works very well for me. I hunt mainly in the East. My calls come from e-bay. My second call I purchased for 40 bucks as the seller said it would not connect with the hand unit. Took me 5 min to set up. Third unit is the one I will resolder the board.

Always amazed when I read about all the calls people buy and sell looking for that perfect call. I let the critters decide for me.

As to the sounds: while the Foxpro library may be larger the Alpa dog has most of what I need. Can always purchase more third party sounds if needed.

Enjoy reading all the posts on here. Normally I just sit back and read but I enjoy playing with electronics and could not resist speaking up.

started with the phantom pro-series 20 years ago, then went to Foxpro, then primos, then back to foxpro firestrom and now settled on an ICOtec Outlaw. Friend has a lucky duck revolt that i like minus the remote. IMO the ICOtec is the best I've used and remote is easily used wearing big gloves which is huge for my hunting conditions. Also, as @Kino M stated the remote range of the ICOtec is far better than anything I've used. They also have a lot of other free sounds on their website that are very easily added to call/remote. AND the C4 powerhouse lithium battery pack sold separately will last forever in the ICOtec.

I've been using Foxpro since 2005. Started with the Fx3, then Fx5 for the upgraded remote. When the Firestorm came out I upgraded again for the better remote. Since 2016 I have been using the Fusion. The ability to play two sounds at once with FoxFusion is appealing to me. The unit is very easy to program with new sounds, has a great remote, and the rechargeable batteries are all great features

Back