#15 was pretty good sized boar

Yellowhammer

Staff member
They never weight as much as you think they are going to. Like I always say, the majority of people who say they killed a 300 pound hog (and there are plenty who do) probably never actually weighed it.

This one was making regular appearances at my feeder lately according to my game camera. I went over Sunday afternoon to check my cameras and he had been there the 2 prior evenings between 6 and 7 pm so I sat the stand hoping to take him out, but he didn't show.

So today I went back to see if he was still around. Sure enough he came out about 6:20. I shot him dead in the shoulder with the 143 grain ELDX 6.5 Creedmoor and he made it about 20 yards. I had him figured to be at least 200 pounds judging from the pictures, but when I walked up though he wasn't as big as I thought. After I drug him the 20 or so yard back to the feeder, I though maybe I was right.

So, I hauled him back to the camp and hung him on the digital scale to get a good weight - 168 pounds.

He did have some good cutters and a really thick shield.

51534189449_5d541bb7de_c_d.jpg

51534189669_9952e1480f_c_d.jpg

That's a nice for for sure.

I really do need to get a scale so I actually know for sure how much the bigger ones I get weigh.

Yes, makes it heavier but hearing the bullet make contact is pretty cool, and doesn’t ring your ears. That little curl of smoke that lingers after the shot is cool too!

Back