Whats your take on hot July calling?

jetman

The pups are out by now, I've seen a few swished on the roads.
I have found then fairly easy to call in July even the adult dogs.
The very honest part of the day slows way down. we head home at around 3 or 4 pm.
________________¯\_(ツ)_/¯__

I hunt coyotes mainly for pelts, summer coyotes suck, heat sucks, bugs suck, snakes suck. I don't hunt deer, elk or antelope though when I did I never saw coyotes as a detriment to that, the more coyotes there are the better I like it.. A rancher in need always gets helped.

As far as I'm concerned they could have a coyote season on PUBLIC grounds Oct.to March same as other FURBEARERS. Hunting carp with a bow, fishing, skeet shooting, load development, rifle building and spending quality time with my wife(hunting season I'm gone) are what summers are for. I even told my sister she had to change the date of her wedding because she was going to get married on the opening day of duck season

I've done it, don't really like it even though I have had success at it with young dogs. Too dang hot for me. I will do it if someone has an issue with them on their property but I mainly save it for the winter just for quality of fur.

My take on hot July calling is that you can have it! I just checked into a youth deer tag for my 8 year old, youth firearm season opens tomorrow. [beeep] NO!

It was too hot for me to dove hunt on opening day two days ago. I work in the heat and I'll be damned if I play in the heat.

Back