Tree rat season 2021

ILPredHunter12

Anybody been out yet or any this year? Been twice so far in '21 once in Jan. and went this morning with little luck. My January trip I ended up with 2 and this morning got the skunk. Hoping they'll be cutting soon.

Went Sunday morning and killed one grey out of a cherry tree. Haven't seen any cuttings yet. That was the only squirrel I saw in 2 hours. I was shocked.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Went Sunday morning and killed one grey out of a cherry tree. Haven't seen any cuttings yet. That was the only squirrel I saw in 2 hours. I was shocked.

pretty much the same on this side of the river. It was a nice morning sunday too. I figured there would be some out and about

Our season starts the 4th of sept, anxiously awaiting it because I already have a few people that want problem squirrels taken care of. The ones I watch behind the house are eating walnuts already which is surprising. They arent very mobile, I will say that! They go get a nut and sit for sometimes an hour eating the nut and just relaxing on a tree limb, im sure it would make hunting difficult.

Back