Wait times?

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Anyone gotten their stamp in the past month or so? If so, how long did it take?

I sent in for mine in September and wondered if the new administration has had any effect or not.

Not gotten a stamp but started my process 2nd of january, went through silencer shop, not sure if the hold up was the dealer or silencer shop ( personally I think silencer shop because my dealer said they had everything done in january ), anyway mid feb. I got a note from Silencershop that the paperwork had been approved and they would send in a check, got a note March 3rd that the ATF had cashed the $200 check. So that was not too bad on the ATF part for that...

purchased Sept 1 2020 at Silencer Central in person, Atf had in system on 10-4-20 as of yesterday 3-11-21 still not assigned so sitting somewhere

well it was approved on 2-18-21 and I got notified on 3-28 and drove to their shop on 3-29, I do not trust the mail service it could get lost then what would happen?

Silencer Central Banish 30. Form 4 trust. ATF received on Sept 25. Notified of approval on March 29, 2021. Form 4473 submitted via email. Waiting on suppressor to ship to Ohio. 185 days for approval.

Originally Posted By: hydehunter Erikc838, what was this "request to expedite letter" all about one month?

yes, and shows how quickly these things can really be done.

Last edited:
Back