Good times

lockrotor

My hunting buddy went out to the U.P to go snowmobile with friends. Since he just got a new X24 call, I said I should keep it this weekend and give it a try. Went to one of my spot thi morning and walked out 1/4 mile to a knob where he puts his big round bales and set up. Was early, so just sat and enjoyed. I was thinking I should start a sound when I see movement something in the field that wasn't there a couple minutes before. It's a coyote about 600 yds to my west heading south. Put on a bird distress and waited. Low and behold I see something coming my way. Its troating and stopping. It stops around 225 yds and just looks at the big round bales where the call is setting by. Turns north and is now going with the wind, to get down wind. It stops a couple of time, it is boardside at about 200 yds and I send a 45 gr HP, I hear the magical thump and down it goes. It's now 6:30 am. Called for a 30 minutes and no more showed up. Its was a small male.

50963190831_f3b9c3dcf9_c.jpg

Walked out to get the coyote and came across s set of tracks that I have never seen before by my eyes in the outdoors, but have heard many other, and shown pictures. Wolf tracks

50963190331_d264b59c56_c.jpg

This morning was -15F and with a light breeze from the south. Cold but it was fun. Thanks for taking the time to read.
50963290362_34b16dfe79_c.jpg

I am not a morning person did most of my calling just before dark or on full moon nights, had a buddy who would drag me out before sun up, every time we went out early called in coyotes? To of those times we called in Tripples! Best part he was a big time hunter killed some elk,caribou, bear and a pile of big bucks over the years, but every time I called in a coyote for him he missed! I had a good time needleing him! Had a few of those nights when I got back to the truck and had to thaw out the beard and mustache to get my mouth open?

Good times indeed lockrotor,
smile.gif
Congrats on a nice looking coyote!
Very interesting coming across the wolf tracks I bet!

Last edited:
Back