What did you do today in the world of reloading?

AR15.com has a popular thread where guys will post what they order or have accomplished in the reloading room and to keep the reloading forum alive, though we could try it here as well.

This weekend was more of a cleaning up weekend but

-loaded 100 more 40 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips with Accurate LT-30 for my Sako A7 Coyote .223 Rem and fired a handful at some water jugs at 100 yards to verify a field zero

-unpacked the powder cabinet to redo inventory and separate partial kegs/1 lb containers from the full ones.

-purchased 2 more lbs of 2400 locally for $27.95/pc for future .357 and .44 handloads

-backordered some more RMR .223 and 9mm bullets

Last edited:
Cleaned 1000 pieces of 223 brass. Deprimed and removed crimp on 500 of them. Updated data book from shooting on Friday. Organized and straightened one of the ammo cabinets. Put an ad up locally to trade a few powders for some more Remington 7 1/2 primers. Inventoried parts for the AR 15 build for my sister in law.

Six inches of snow here in Idaho. Did not even go get the Sunday paper out of the box. So I loaded some more .17 Hornet with CFE BLK and the 20 grain Vmax and put them away. Then got started on some .223 AI using some N133 powder and the 50 grain Vmax. Down to to less than three bricks of CCI BR primers so I substituted the CCI 450 instead. I doubt if I can tell the difference.

More bad weather headed this way they are saying. I guess that I will find some more brass that needs filling. Good to be retired.

Finished putting about a thousand 9mm brass through the pin tumbler. Now that I got them bright and shiny, they will be for sale in the near future.

Originally Posted By: RustydustSix inches of snow here in Idaho. Did not even go get the Sunday paper out of the box. So I loaded some more .17 Hornet with CFE BLK and the 20 grain Vmax and put them away. Then got started on some .223 AI using some N133 powder and the 50 grain Vmax. Down to to less than three bricks of CCI BR primers so I substituted the CCI 450 instead. I doubt if I can tell the difference.

More bad weather headed this way they are saying. I guess that I will find some more brass that needs filling. Good to be retired.

I got a keg of n133 to try in my AI. Haven't cracked it open yet, waiting for temps at least above zero lol. -17 now. Will also be using 400s or 450s and 50's or 55's probably, maybe 40's. Do you know what kind of speeds your getting?

Yesterday while shopping for some equipment for my bil had to talk myself out of a new Rebel Master reloading kit, was priced at $329. Seemed dirt cheap to me. And they had a RC Supreme press for $150. Yes, Walmart. I never go in there, but they have more equipment right now than any sporting goods store lol.

Originally Posted By: 204 AR
I got a keg of n133 to try in my AI. Haven't cracked it open yet, waiting for temps at least above zero lol. -17 now. Will also be using 400s or 450s and 50's or 55's probably, maybe 40's. Do you know what kind of speeds your getting?

Actually, no. I was fireforming brass the first time I used it. I took picture after picture of my tiny three and five shot groups. Now that it's fireformed I am going to try 26 grains with the 50 grain bullet and see how it does. Should be mild. I do not need a lot of speed when shooting ground squirrels. Do need accuracy and so far, this powder really delivers. I have burnt many many pounds of H335 over the years but I'm pretty sure that N133 is going to be may favorite powder now.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: 204 AR

Actually, no. I was fireforming brass the first time I used it. I took picture after picture of my tiny three and five shot groups. Now that it's fireformed I am going to try 26 grains with the 50 grain bullet and see how it does. Should be mild. I do not need a lot of speed when shooting ground squirrels. Do need accuracy and so far, this powder really delivers. I have burnt many many pounds of H335 over the years but I'm pretty sure that N133 is going to be may favorite powder now.

I've read a lot of good things over the years here, I think Venatic was a big fan of it. Always wanted to try it but there was quite a price difference up until recently. I'm guessing sometime in November I snagged a jug of it from PV when some of the odd stuff was still in stock and glad I did now. I'm a big fan of 8208, and I have a few pounds left but can't find it anywhere.

Originally Posted By: 204 AR[
I've read a lot of good things over the years here, I think Venatic was a big fan of it. Always wanted to try it but there was quite a price difference up until recently. I'm guessing sometime in November I snagged a jug of it from PV when some of the odd stuff was still in stock and glad I did now. I'm a big fan of 8208, and I have a few pounds left but can't find it anywhere.

I like 8208 as well. I have some on the shelf. Tried it in my .223, my .204 and my .17 Rem. Worked well in all but not the best in any of them. Last summer there was a guy in Boise that was getting out of benchrest shooting and he was selling all his stuff. He wanted $160 for a new 8 lb jug of N133 so I snapped it up. Sure wish I could get more today for that price. I see why so many people like it. Will soon try it in my .17 Rem too. I am expecting good results.

So far it's just been opening packages. Opened a package of 1000 count 230gr 45 projectiles, a package of 1000 count 38/357 158gr projectiles, got 1 box of 45 gr speer varminters 22 cal. Still waiting on a box of 1000 count 9mm 115 gr to show up.

-Loaded about 150 rds of 55 gr SP and Accurate LT-30 in .223 Rem for some plinking/varmint blaster ammo

-Tore apart a new Frankfort Prep Center that making some wild grinding noises, figured out the cooling fan was hitting the wiring
unsure.gif

-Found a second set of .30-40 Krag dies I didnt know I had

-Committed to buy some more components off the EE so that should keep my .243 bases covered for some time.

Finally was able to make it to my local clubs meeting so im officially a member and can go play on the range as I wish for free. They have a pretty nice 100 yard bench with wind cover that is perfect for load development

Now I just need to actually do some shooting!

I just loaded 100 223 with 53 grain nosler varmageddon. Half with 25.3 gr. Power pro varmint and 50 with 25.6 grain. Playing around with it until my 6mm ARC upper comes in. Then the fun really begins. Finding dies and brass. Luckly I already have a few thousand 6mm bullets from 55 grain to 107 grain.

I have not reloaded any handgun rounds, I have blue dot and clay's on hand. Spp, some 38sp brass and about 600 jacketed bullets. A friend has mega small reloading equipment collection. Said I could stop by and dig out a set of carbide die, said he also has barrels of brass and many partial boxes of bullets I can look through. Told him I would also like a 45acp die for my 45 gap. He said I will need it since he had grabbed 2000 rds of reloaded 45 gap and he doesn't have or wants one. Said he thought of me when he paid 30.00 for the 2k. I won't shoot them but will pull them down for reloading. At the very least I will have some future project time to plan for.

Loaded up some 17hornet with 25gr HPs and primed up 50 243 brass and managed to load up 5 before getting a phone call from a co worker that we just got 4 cases of blazer 9 in so I jumped up and rushed to work on my day off to get my daily 2 boxes of ammo. I should start reloading for my pistols but dies and primers are outrageously priced. I’ve been looking up how to remake primers I’m gonna try it and if it works good like the last video I watched then I’ll spend the money on dies. We get berrys FMJ 9 and 45 several times a week.

-Finished sorting and chamfering around 500-600 commercial .223 Rem brass that were primed with CCI400 this summer.

-Loaded 54 rds of .30-40 krag for basically nothing. Used some old pulled bullets I got in a giant lot of stuff a few years ago, some IMR3031 I got for basically free a few years ago and some primers I had lying around. It will be good range fodder.

-Found about 10 boxes of Sierra bullets I didnt know I had.

-Spent $1000 of my reloading/gun money buying my dad a set of truck tires lol

-RMR sent me a notification that my order of 2000 Hornady 55 gr FMJBT has shipped.

-Checked a couple local places for components and a new RCBS primer pocket remover. No luck

-Took Delivery of my Redding T-7 Press today, gonna use it to streamline plinking loads for 9mm, .38/.357, .44 and .223 since those all use Lee FCD's after seating the bullet. I will also only have to touch cases once and just turn the turret to size and expand straight walls

-Ordered 1k 52 Nosler BTHP bullets for a SHTF/Plinking load. Plus they were cheaper than standard 55 gr FMJ.

In the last two days I removed the shot from 228 factory shotgun shells so I can make duplex loads with Federal High Density BB shot, Winchester Xtended Range #4 shot and TSS #7 shot for hunting geese.

28 shells will be loaded up with 1-1/4 oz of TSS #4 shot for coyote loads.

One duplex load will have 1 oz of Federal High Density BB shot and 3/8 oz of TSS #7 shot.

The other duplex load will have 7/8 oz of Federal High Density BB shot with 1/2 oz of Winchester Xtended Range #4 shot.

Back