What AR trigger do you like for hunting?

Scamp

Looking for a good drop in hunting trigger. Cant get the links on the everything AR trigger thread to work.

Anything you like as long as it says Geissele. I run the SSA-E and have for over 12 years. Tried several others over the years, and Geissele is it.

RRA 2 stage, I got mine for like $60-$80. It is everything I need and will only put these in all future AR’s. Are there better triggers? Perhaps, but at a cost of the high $200’s I just don’t know how much your gaining over a RRA. It has made a huge difference for me.

Casey

If you like a two-stage and aren't on a tight budget I'd probably go with a Geissele. However, I prefer a single stage for hunting and I'm yet to find anything I like better than the Velocity 3 lb. I've heard good things about the LaRue if you want a good 2 stage trigger for under $100.

Last edited:
I did the DIY parachute cord trigger job and installed a trigger adjustment screw that took the creep out of the trigger which vastly improved trigger pull and smoothness to where I didn't feel the need to replace the trigger. Total cost about 10 bucks (for the screw). I use the gun for calling and Practical Rifle (run & gun) competition.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI have a Larue MBT-2S Flat in one I just built, and it sure seems hard to beat for the money.

In the past I've had jewell, rra, geissele and have sold them all and changed them all out to the LaRue MBT2.

Most any 2-stage triggers are good. I have a larue and also a Dirty Bird trigger I got for a good deal on Black Friday that is good. I also have a stock trigger that I updated with springs and a grip screw from Joe Bobs and it's great.

RRA 2 stage, either the varmint or the nm with jp springs replacing the disconnector and trigger spring. Have all mine set at about 1.5 lb for each stage.

I have perhaps a dozen or more 3 lb. triggers from both Velocity and Timney. I'm under the understanding Velocity was created by a former Timney employee?

Either way, the Velocity triggers are great. I just received one of Timney's new "Impact" AR15 triggers... zero creep, crisp break, no over-travel. It's supposed to be their "budget" AR15 trigger but there's nothing "budget" about it IMO.

JSE has the Impact for $134.00, hard to beat.

https://www.jsesurplus.com/timneyimpacttriggerar153lb.aspx

Recently got a trigger tech diamond in a large frame AR that I am very happy with. I also have a geissele dmr that I have shot for the last couple of years and I am happy with that as well.

it depends on what you're doing as to what is best. if its running shots or moving shots IMO something with a heavier 2nd stage is desired. if its shots at not moving animals its something with a lighter second stage.

for non moving I really like geisselle high speed match rifle. that trigger is pretty expensive. if you want something cheaper that should do both fairly decent, the RRA varmint trigger is a pretty good all arounder.

I've tried a bunch of them from top to bottom. I currently have 5 AR's and 3 AR10's. They are all running the Rock River Arms Two Stage Varmint Trigger. For the price it's hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARRRA 2 stage, either the varmint or the nm with jp springs replacing the disconnector and trigger spring. Have all mine set at about 1.5 lb for each stage.

Pretty much same here, 1st stage #1.5, second stage #3.5

Back