Foxpro Fusion vs Hammerjack2

Juniper

I'm new to calling and don't know much. I'm not new to hunting and the outdoors -- just never got into predators before. I'm in a state in the west where big game tags are scarce and predators on public land are abundant. I've been using a hand call a bit and can't say I get coyotes jumping into my lap the way they seem to in all the Youtube videos. I've never done any hunting that was easy, so I'm not surprised or turned off. Still, I'm obviously tempted by the proposition of an e-caller. So I go shopping.

I see bad reviews for the cheaper, entry-level units. I see a lot of praise for units like the Hammerjack 2 and Fusion and not many complaints except for individual issues. So I figure I need to spend a little over $300 for a solid e-caller. Maybe I don't need all the features they have, but I'm pretty sure I won't be let down by a cut corner.

So which one do I want and why? I tried the "Compare" function on some websites and I can see differences like they have different transmitters or remote controls, but I don't know what difference that really makes.

My use would be for Bobcat, Fox and Coyote. No big game like Elk, no deer, no turkey, no waterfowl. I figure I'll use mostly rabbit/rodent sounds and more social sounds closer to February.

Am I right to avoid the simpler units like the Patriot and Inferno?

How should I decide between the Fusion and Hammerjack2?

In the meantime, I'm going to be working that hand call, but I hunt alone and I can see my hands getting full esp. if I start night hunting with a scan light.

I am not familiar with the Hammerjack2 or the 433 remote it uses, but the Fusion has been my go to caller for the past 3 years, and the remote is FoxPro's top of the line TX1000.

I would go with the Fusion because it has a proven performance track record.

I have no experience with the Hammerjack but do own a Foxpro Fusion and have had some experience working with the people who made it. I find the company very supportive and helpful and the Fusion a really nice caller to use. The controller for it is very visible at night and easily handled. The caller itself does a really good job for me. I do hand calls as well as use the Foxpro and I've managed to find quite a few coyotes with that system. I heartily recommend the Foxpro Fusion. I started out many years ago with a Stewart caller, moved on to a Foxpro Fury II, and then bought the Fusion. I've had good luck with each of them, but the Fusion is by far the best of the calls that I have used. Good luck with your decision, and good luck scanning and handling all that equipment. I'd suggest getting some lanyards and putting calls and such on them so you can have good access. I'd also suggest using a vest with big pockets. Hope you kill a lot of critters with your choice of calls.

Last edited:
Back