Rich Cronk

I believe he had already passed when I started looking around on this site. I am very honored to have a couple of his howlers, one buffalo horn and one cow horn. They’re top notch for sure.

He has been gone for over 6 years already. I spent a lot of time with him at his home talking about calling and trapping coyotes. I remember that he told me his record for calling the most coyotes per day was 6 and was done before the sunrise. I have quite a few of his calls and prototypes as well as his howlers. When he was finished making a new style of call, many times he would give me one. Miss him dearly.

Yep I remember Rich alright! I have a couple of his calls. I remember that he made a caller for me that was lower in tone so that I could use for wolf. It is one of my favorites

I remember a few years ago I met a few other Ohio hand callers at an Applebee's for dinner. We ended up out in the parking lot sitting on tail gates, and my buddy brought out his Cronk howler and put it through it's paces. The manager ended up coming out and asking us not to come back. LOL!

The Cronk howlers ROCK.

Rudy

Have one of his horn howlers. It was misplaced in a box for several years. Met him about 10 years ago. Turns out he only lived a couple of streets over from me back before I started hunting. When I was in town, I stopped by to pick the calls up and he was very pleasant and took the time to speak with a novice. Will always remember his kindness. Gone too early...

I spoke with him a few times as well - I have one of his Buffalo Horn howlers, and a giant Cow Horn. Easy blowing, easy control, smooth tone boards, and volume like crazy. Whatever fairy dust he poured onto them sure worked!

Around 2012, an out of state customer invited me to call coyotes with him and some buddies while I was stuck on the road for weeks at a time. During one of our trips, we stopped to chat with a local farmer along a backroad, and as they introduced me, the farmer cut us off and exclaimed - “is that a Cronk Buffalo horn?” I had my calls still around my neck, and on some random backroad in rural Iowa, this farmer knew Rich’s work by sight.

Back