E-Bike changes for this season

RandyDB

Made changes for hauling coyotes on the bike. Hauling one coyote wasn't bad.
image.jpg

But when I would get a double or triple it would get a little scary.
image.jpg

Turning 65 this year I don't need to be trying to balance coyotes while riding thru the fields, so I built a trailer.

image.jpg
Made it to fold up when transporting on my bike rack.

image.jpg

Can be detached in seconds.
image.jpg

Was wondering where you been hiding lately, Randy.
wink.gif

Quote:But when I would get a double or triple it would get a little scary.

Nice problem to have, but looks like ya got it pretty well in hand.
thumbup1.gif

Does the trailer wheel pivot like a caster wheel? Hard to see details of the forks.

Now, go out and stack 'em up; looking forward to seeing pics of 'em stacked high.
Regards,
hm

Great piece of ingenuity, necessity is the father of invention. Great looking rig.

I thought seriously about one of those but I like to ride from home to go hunting and bought an MC instead. I do understand the problem of two loaded on the back.

Two get to swinging and the bike gets squirelly, I have a new system worked out.
Gqv5KF.jpg

I'm only 73 and can still ride my mountain bike if I have to hit non-motorized areas.

Last edited:
hm, Too many irons in The fire lately, But I plan on calling a lot more this season. Been doing a lot of scouting and acquiring more land to hunt. Looks like it should be a good one. Yes the trailer wheel pivots on the frame .

AWS, I looked at putting TW200 together something like you have, but I get carried away some times. I use to shotgun coyotes off a 225 Yamaha three wheeler back in the seventies. I still have pains from some of those wrecks, would be afraid I might try to run one down if I had that much power. lol

Last edited:
That looks like a well thought out design and a nice fabrication!
thumbup1.gif

I made a 2 wheeled one up using 26" HD cart wheels and part of an aluminum extension ladder that can be used on its own or attached to my mountain bike. I made it mainly for getting deer out, but it also serves the purpose of a trailer that I can haul gear on, climbers, the heavy clothing, etc., handy item to have.

I made this one from a cheap double glider frame we had in the back yard. If it works well I will weld up a more solid one. Went with the single wheel to ride down 30" cotton rows.

Last edited:
The first year I did. Now I use a tire sealant and have had no problem. I do carry an air pump but have never used it.

I Slime'd my mountain bike tires and it works great, my problem is mesquite thorns. I slimed my wheelbarrow and handtruck tires also. I used to have to fill my yard equipment tires all the time now no problems. The sealant in my MC and mountain bike tires lets me get home then pull the thorns and repair if needed but I do carry a patch kit and irons on both. I added a center stand to the MC so changing a flat or broken chain is a lot easier.

No mesquite thorns in Kansas, thankfully.
AWS. What is that MC that you have?

SLICKER, can you see the pics of the bike?

It is a Suzuki Van Van 200, much like a TW-200 but a little more road oriented which works for me as I cant take it off a designated road on public lands. Designated roads can be two tracks that haven't ween a grader in this century and maybe most of the last one so the can get kind of rough. Some places haven't seen a 4x4 even in many years and I can hide it just about anywhere. There is some really good hunting along the interstate but you can't leave a 4x4 parked there.

The weather is cooling down now and I have it just about ready for some camping trips to do some stream fishing and coyote scouting.

Last edited:
Randy. I am thinking about buying a 3 wheel Electric QuiteKat. Big money for me 6000.00. Can you give us feedback on your hunting style with your electric bike The good and the bad of going electric over a gas ATV I am 61 both knees replaced. Wanting a electric 3 wheeler for quite coyote hunting , deer hunting. Thanks. Marty

Not Randy

When I looked into a electric bike the big problem for me was I would have to be somewhere I could plug it in every night and the range. I hunt from my home and it is nothing to put a hundred miles on my MC and I can stop at a gas station or pack extra fuel along, I also take long hunting trips staying at free campsites, low cost campsites or just on BLM/national forest land(no electric).

I would worry about a trike having to keep one wheel in the center of a two track.

Have you looked into a golf cart.

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting to this sooner. I haul the bike which is simple with a small motorcycle receiver hitch mount. Has a ramp to roll the bike on with. Two tie down straps and your off. I also have two batteries so I can go up to 50 miles easily and if the weather is above 40* farther. I always use the pedal assist with me supplying at least 50% of the power most of the time more. I usually plan out route where I can call 4-5 places, traveling to where I will circle back to my truck. Dropping off shot coyote at roads I cross for pickup later.
The three wheeler by QuietKat is nice for deer stands or for go out and back from your truck for coyotes. But like AWS said are not as stable in row crop or cattle paths. I have a 4x4 electric golf cart and it sits since I got the bike. To much hassle loading and unloading. Cost me $4500 a few years ago on ice when the trailer jackknifed in to my pickup.
Gas has the advantage of power, distance, less fatigue.
The main advantage for the bike is stealth.

Last edited:
I bought a M2S electric bike last spring. It has fenders, a back rack, and a headlight. I also have a receiver hitch carrier that is made for scooters. Easy to put the bike on and off with two tie down straps. The bike is stealth 100%. Since I carry mine to my general hunting location I never have had an issue with a low battery. Furtherest I’ve driven it was 11 miles and the battery showed to use about 1/8 of its capacity. I mounted with large zip ties a cheap tactical scabbard to the back rack and bottom frame and I can carry my AR, bolt gun or shotgun. I hung a military bag on the opposite side of the rack for essentials like bike tools, flat repair kit and a can of fix a flat. I use the Summit pack chair for my sets so my caller and all hunting gear is stored in it and I carry it as a pack on my back. Now I don’t mess with furs so I don’t need anything to carry them around. I got into the bike with the fat tires rear rack and headlight for $1200.

a few years back I saw a guy that had a kit to spray foam into the tires replacing the air and pressurized the tires so no more flats but have not seen or heard anything since. anyone come across that?

Originally Posted By: hydehuntera few years back I saw a guy that had a kit to spray foam into the tires replacing the air and pressurized the tires so no more flats but have not seen or heard anything since. anyone come across that?

i dunno about a kit, but most tire places if you talk to them will offer either in-house or send-out service to foam tires for you.

my dad has had multiples done over the years (lawnmowers, small utility trailers, etc) for around the farm use by us since we have the [beeep] autumn olives all over.. and those spikes are nasty at over an inch long. so once he gets enough into a tire that they really leak down on him he take it in and has it filled.

its not as cushioned feeling as an air tire is.. but they never go flat again!

Back