Fox pro caller stand?

obsessed1

Hey all just broke my cheap tripod I used to support my Ecaller. Need to find a replacement. Whats the best options? My old one only extended about 12" high but was small enough that it never needed to be removed from the caller( just bent 90 deg to fit in my vest pouch) looking for different ideas.

Last edited:
I just stick it in a bush or set it in the crotch of a tree. If the country is open I just set it on the ground.

When I'm in tall grass, I used short shepherd's hooks that are about 12" tall and they unscrew in half for easy storage. Got them as a 3-pack off E-Bay.

I just loop the handle over the hook.

I hunt mixed farmland and bush. Often when sitting the terrain/ grass will obscure the call making the remote connection spotty. Setting it up above also allows the decoy to be above the long grass and visible. Might just stick with what I had.only reason I am considering a change is the small tripod broke.
When available I hang it off a fence post or tree limb

We use a small carbon fiber tripod. We originally bought them to mount our rifles on but they were a little bit flimsy so they defaulted to being call pods. This is another reason I went to Lucky duck brand they have a threaded bushing to go on the pod stud unlike my fusion.

So I get the problem and took a few minutes out in the shop to solve it.

Bingo
DsowHu.jpg

I took a piece of 4x 1 1/2x 1/4 Aluminum plate and threaded it for 1/4x20 bolt (standard camera mount) and attached a swiss-acra quick release plate( you can get a tripod with a quick release head and two plates for $39 at Amazon) and attached it to my FoxPro handle with a couple ball-bungies(hose clamps would work too). You can carry the caller in your bag and quickly attach it to the tripod or use it without.

9GiLxh.jpg

QyueoL.jpg

mcRees.jpg

Thanks for bringing up this now I have a solution if I ever run into the problem.

If you run an attached decoy you could make the aluminum plate a little longer and epoxy or tape it to the bottom of the caller

Last edited:
Buy a music stand and take the head off and make a hook for the end. It's cheap, light, and folds up. I strap it to my fold up chair and carry them both together. It can adjust for height also if needed but I have never had to. Leave it black or rattle can it to what ever color you want.

Back