Abandoned traps

Hello all, I am a long time lurker but I decided to post today because I came across two traps that were abandoned in Arizona. The first one I found still had a dead fox in it that I am guessing had been there for at least a year. Then I found another one further down the rim of the ridge I was hiking that had been sprung and was very rusted and seemed to be quite old. Does anyone know what the law is in Arizona regarding abandoned traps? I can't decide if I should report it or not partly because I know there are a lot of really old old timers in my area and one of them easily could have simply passed away. The two traps were only .25 and .5 miles from the end of a rough atv trail so even a senior could have still got to them pretty easily...

Thanks

Where I trapped some of the trappers would pull there traps at the end of the season and hang them in a tree near where they set them. If the chain or ring has grown into the tree I consider them abandoned, I used to find a few like that, a couple #14's and a couple of cast jaw #4's a long way from a road on beaver/otter creeks. Those type of traps are heavy, I used snares when that far back in the bush easy to pack in and out..

Back