Get out of the WAY!!!

GC

Been doing quite a bit of fishing the last couple months and I'm stunned by the numbers of people that can't understand that they are blocking entrance lanes, the actual ramps or exit lanes while they piddle with their boat. Get out of the way! Why can they not understand that they are holding up every other person there when they stop in the middle of the works to prep the boat to launch or secure the boat to trailer home. Prep the boat and your gear someplace where you aren't holding up the show. Common sense isn't common at boat ramps!

Selfishness on their part.
The world revolves around them & their boat.
And lack of situational awareness, ie, don't know what "head on a swivel means".

I don't have patience to deal with them - accident waiting to happen !!

Once I have the boat on, so it won’t fall off, I move to the side to put gear away and secure.

There are all types at the ramp. I’ve done plenty solo or with little kids too. If needed I help the other guy some, even holding the rope as they back in can be a big help.

In general I’ll take the weekdays at the ramp, over busy weekends.

Memorial Day weekend is a good time to watch the comedy of loading and unloading boats and other water craft. Peter on Family Guy has nothing on a lot of them, lol.
Then pulling the 12,000 pound yacht with the 5,000 pound RV up the wet ramp tops it off. Seeing them run down the highway at warp speed is all great an well till it’s time to STOP.

Went fishing today and had a good time. I started the morning casting a spinnerbait with a twin tail grub on it into some sunken brush looking for a bass. Well the bass didn't seem cooperative made a lot of casts with nothing. Finally I got a hit and thought I nailed a lunker bass, it put on a great show but stayed deep. I finally got him near the boat and it turned out to be a 7# blue catfish. I would have let it go if it were a bass but it's been a lot years since I had fried catfish. Made a few more casts with nothing but saw the carp working, eating algae off the brush branches so grabbed my bow and stuck a couple for the smoker. Just a fun day

Those catfish can really stretch your string can't they? I catch one occasionally while bass fishing too. Freshwater drum is another fish that will occasionally take a bass lure. I once hooked and landed a 22.5 pound carp with a rattletrap lipless crankbait that somehow snagged the bottom of the carps tail.

I solo launch every time. I pull into the lot and get everything ready to go before going to the ramp. same with leaving, everything is ready and I run it up on the trailer enough to winch it all the way on and pull up to the lot and secure everything before leaving.

Back