Any hogs in Colorado?

At one time they were in SE Colorado.

They were wiped out by a blizzard with heavy snow a few years back.

They may have ventured North from OK but not 100% sure.

Contact the DOW office and find out which office has the general area. They will know.

Best of luck!

here's a cut and paste from an article on the topic. IF there are any wild pigs reported in Colo., the division pretty much goes all in to remove them. SO, it's safe to say that there's certainly no hunt-able numbers of them any where in the state.

"Sand Creek in Kiowa County, in southeastern Colorado, saw an invasion of feral hogs back in 2006. Hogs were showing up rooting in the bar ditches along the highway, and there were several hog vs. vehicle collisions.

These particular feral hogs brought a disease, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), to a commercial hog facility that was biologically controlled. The disease caused the killing of 6,000 domestic hogs and almost completely destroyed the facility.
The feral hogs were eventually destroyed by the CPW and further measures have been implemented, in an attempt to keep feral hogs from Colorado. Colorado has formed a collation to keep feral hogs away with Kansas, Oklahoma and the United States Department of Agriculture.
Kansas recently passed a law outlawing the hunting of wild pigs in an attempt to prevent them from becoming a game animal. If these measures were not in place, and this collation were not operating, Colorado would already be in a situation similar to Texas."

Ok, thanks for the info! I was hoping they were some to hunt, but im happy for the farmers & ranchers that they have been controled. Ill have to check on other states to hunt them if i get the chance.
Happy hunting guys!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.

Contact the DOW office and find out which office has the general area. They will know.

Best of luck!

That’s pretty interesting info about the blizzard thing. I’ve looked around on the internet and I can’t find anything about it.
What year was it, and what areas were affected?

About a month ago CPW sent out an e-mail saying that they had finally eradicated the last feral hogs in Colorado.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.

Best of luck!

That’s pretty interesting info about the blizzard thing. I’ve looked around on the internet and I can’t find anything about it.

Pretty simple GOOGLE search -

Colorado Blizzard 1 Colorado Blizzard 2 12-28/29-2006

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.

Best of luck!

Yeah it’s pretty simple to Google search a “blizzard” in Colorado, or any other state, as defined by the National Weather Service or NOAA.
I did that.
But I haven’t been able to find anything to support your statement that all of the feral/wild hogs in 1/4 of the state (SE Colorado) were eradicated by the blizzard.

That is what you said, isn’t it?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.

Best of luck!

Yeah it’s pretty simple to Google search a “blizzard” in Colorado, or any other state, as defined by the National Weather Service or NOAA.
But I haven’t been able to find anything to support your statement that all of the feral/wild hogs in 1/4 of the state were eradicated by the blizzard.

CNP,

Have you come out of retirement to be the PM truth and lies moderator?

I stand by what I said, if you don’t like what I have to say? Ignore me!

I have come to the conclusion that you are a Shiot starter, I am not about to let you derail yet another thread on this site!

Get a life and move on!

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.

Best of luck!

I did that.
But I haven’t been able to find anything to support your statement that all of the feral/wild hogs in 1/4 of the state (SE Colorado) were eradicated by the blizzard.

Can you support your statement?

Originally Posted By: BearAbout a month ago CPW sent out an e-mail saying that they had finally eradicated the last feral hogs in Colorado.

CNP,
Your hatred towards me CLEARLY shows you are not reading anything but my post’s, and then you are choosing to target me.

Maybe the moderators should have you reread the TOS? You chose to harass me and none other!
You have a problem with me? Spit it out!

Now, grow up and try to follow along with the REAL hunters on this site. I have already told you what to GOOGLE!

For everyone’s information - You have add absolutely nothing to this site!!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: BearAbout a month ago CPW sent out an e-mail saying that they had finally eradicated the last feral hogs in Colorado.

CNP,
Your hatred towards me CLEARLY shows you are not reading anything but my post’s, and then you are choosing to target me.

Maybe the moderators should have you reread the TOS? You chose to harass me and none other!
You have a problem with me? Spit it out!

Now, grow up and try to follow along with the REAL hunters on this site. I have already told you what to GOOGLE!

For everyone’s information - You have add absolutely nothing to this site!!

Can you support your statement?
Please post a link.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: BearAbout a month ago CPW sent out an e-mail saying that they had finally eradicated the last feral hogs in Colorado.

99.999% credible and easily verified.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSue me!

Why do you make statements to the members here as facts when you have absolutely no evidence to support them?

Well Daddy, because I can!

I don’t have any reason to make up stories......take it or leave it, I don’t see any of your posts that are asking anybody else for verification on anything!

Bye Rogue retired moderator, you no longer exist!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisWell Daddy, because I can!

I don’t have any reason to make up stories......take it or leave it, I don’t see any of your posts that are asking anybody else for verification on anything!

Bye Rogue retired moderator, you no longer exist!

Yeah this reminds me of the last thread where you decided to enlighten all the PM folks on the 4th Amendment.....but you didn’t really know it was about the 4th Amendment.
You had a very appropriate ending to that thread as you sat in a hole you had dug for yourself, with the worst case of foot-in-mouth disease I’ve seen in a long time.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisBye bye Rogue Cop!

And when you call me a “Retired rogue moderator” it shows me you have absolutely nothing to add to the discussion but insults.

Last edited:
KS and CO state agencies and USDA WS coordinated and did some pretty heavy work on them along their borders on the National Grasslands and several private properties in the southern corners. They flew it with both helicopter and fixed wing aircraft in 2010 or so and killed nearly 100 in a 24 hour period. There may be some that have filtered in since, but they (USDA and state wildlife agencies) are always monitoring and trying to keep them eradicated.

Originally Posted By: obaroKS and CO state agencies and USDA WS coordinated and did some pretty heavy work on them along their borders on the National Grasslands and several private properties in the southern corners. They flew it with both helicopter and fixed wing aircraft in 2010 or so and killed nearly 100 in a 24 hour period. There may be some that have filtered in since, but they (USDA and state wildlife agencies) are always monitoring and trying to keep them eradicated.

That’s good news.
I’ve had enough experience with them down south to say you sure don’t want them!

Originally Posted By: obaroKS and CO state agencies and USDA WS coordinated and did some pretty heavy work on them along their borders on the National Grasslands and several private properties in the southern corners. They flew it with both helicopter and fixed wing aircraft in 2010 or so and killed nearly 100 in a 24 hour period. There may be some that have filtered in since, but they (USDA and state wildlife agencies) are always monitoring and trying to keep them eradicated.

You are correct Obaro!

I started archery hunting for big game in 2006. My oldest Brother and I would venture to Arizona too hunt Archery Spring Javelina In January between two Mountain ranges on the desert floor. We wanted to get into hog hunting possibly in Texas, then I had heard rumors that feral hogs were in the southeast corner of Colorado. I spoke with the local division of wildlife officer (on the phone) in that area, he told me that a blizzard with heavy snowfall and winds came through wiping out thousands of cattle, antelope, deer and the feral hogs. He also told me that a number of the casualties were from freight trains because the only place animals could stand was the railroad tracks and they were taken out by the trains. Snow was 3’ plus 10’ drifts.

I am confident that the feral hogs may have slowly made their way back into Colorado from 2007 - current, it appears Colorado and Kansas have done a very good job at eradicating them for now.

Back