external speakers advice please

saskHKuk

i bought a TOA615T and wired it up to my foxpro
we ripped out the transformer in the speaker as its not needed.

now a buddy from the other side of canada has found a TOA TC-301TATC,this is a 30watt speaker
can this be used on the foxpro??

i am not in anyway electrically inclined and nor is he

Last edited:
Couldn't find that specific model information, as long as it has the same Ohm rating and there is no transformer, it should work just fine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ShortStackCouldn't find that specific model information, as long as it has the same Ohm rating and there is no transformer, it should work just fine.

right on
thanks for the reply

does anyone have a clue why a broan 25watt speaker is half the volume
of a TOA 610. the toa is a 10watt speaker.

i got given a broan,wired it up as i did with the toa and it
doesnt really have any balls,sound wise

Assuming it’s also a 8ohm speaker. Next guess would be that the speaker is not as efficient (SPL/sensitivity as) the TOA SC610 and 615, which are some of the most efficient speakers. This means that giving whatever wattage/power they will be the loudest. Now they might not have the complete frequency range that other speaks may have, you sacrifice it for the volume that these put out.

Originally Posted By: ShortStackAssuming it’s also a 8ohm speaker. Next guess would be that the speaker is not as efficient (SPL/sensitivity as) the TOA SC610 and 615, which are some of the most efficient speakers. This means that giving whatever wattage/power they will be the loudest. Now they might not have the complete frequency range that other speaks may have, you sacrifice it for the volume that these put out.

cheers for the info,these TOA speakers are hard to find here in canuckstan for a decent price

Originally Posted By: derbyacresbobFoxpro's 10 watt SP-60 Speaker is a very loud speaker.
https://www.gofoxpro.com/products/accessories/sp-60-external-speaker

When I use my Fusion or CS-24C I always use a SP-60 Speaker with them.

IMG_0938 by [/url], on Flickr
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2dy9CZh t=_blank]IMG_0852 - Copy by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156463377@N08/, on Flickr

excellent photos mate.
i have a TOA610 on my caller,its loud as [beeep]
i am trying to help two other hunters out but we are having trouble locating any TOA speakers cheaply. i have told the fopros speaker is worth buying but they in no rush

thanks again for the replies and info
much appreciated

I have had good luck on ebay. Also take a look at the Speco brand horns, they are very comparable in Frequency range and loudness. Not to mention usually cheaper.

Originally Posted By: ShortStackI have had good luck on ebay. Also take a look at the Speco brand horns, they are very comparable in Frequency range and loudness. Not to mention usually cheaper.

any particular model i should look out for?

thanks for the heads up

I've used the SPC12RP on the Icotec gc350 and it worked really well, louder and better sound quality.
Depending on the size and weight format you're looking for I'd take a look at the spc10, spc12, spc15 or scp40 (biggest) variant of these models.

Originally Posted By: ShortStackI've used the SPC12RP on the Icotec gc350 and it worked really well, louder and better sound quality.
Depending on the size and weight format you're looking for I'd take a look at the spc10, spc12, spc15 or scp40 (biggest) variant of these models.

found a second hand one yesterday for some hunter here in canada.
thanks for the reply again
much appreciated

Back