The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

DoubleUp

Well, it weren't pretty. In fact I called it the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Terrible conditions with misting rain, 100% humidity, fields covered in water, and thermal as bad as it gets. I called in a triple. My partner missed his dog clean somehow. I think he let him get too close. I missed a running shot by over leading my dog. She finally stopped and I hit her at 300+ yds. and knocked her down, but she got up. I missed her again, and she ran some more but I finally killed her at about 400 yds.

Then when I got home after my shower I decided to check the field. Had a pair in the field. Killed the first one, and the other one wouldn't leave the first one. I finally got two bullets in the second one and killed him. I have to go out and get them up which I dread in these soaking wet and muddy fields. Quite a night.

Here is the Ugly, mangy, crippled one I got of the trio.

IMG950293 by Double Up, on Flickr

Video:

I'll put the second video together sometime tomorrow afternoon.

OC, it's going good so far for sure. Here is the video of the two behind the house last night. Unfortunately, I accidentally hit the stop record button before the second shot on the male. He somehow got out of the ditch and I had to shoot him again. Of all things he fell into another ditch and I had to wait until morning to bail him out.

Well, that's quite a night. Could really hear the pop on the second called one at 300+ yards. You must have a coyote-making factory somewhere nearby.

Seems like they are traversing the field in that 200-300 yd. range. Believe me, I'd rather have them under a hundred.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpSeems like they are traversing the field in that 200-300 yd. range. Believe me, I'd rather have them under a hundred.

That must be because of the distance to go get the dead. You sure ain't had no trouble killing them 300 yders.

That too, Lol.
thumbup1.gif

Back