Rabbit calling

I need a mesquite leaf one. The rabbits around here like to graze on mesquite leaves. It probably wouldn't be very effective though considering how many mesquite bushes we have.

I just came here to post to see if anyone has ever called rabbit because on recent episode of Tim Wells he was in Canada and calling in snow shoe hare with a call and shooting them with a pellet gun and blow gun. Funny this thread was resurrected and someone mentioned Tim as well. Why don't the rabbits around here come to a call, I love rabbit pot pie!

I have had cottontails respond (not very often, 4-6 times) to high pitched rabbit distress calls in the backyard from early spring to mid fall. A couple of times it seemed like it was momma bear coming in looking to whip whatever was messing with her babies. I have never tried to call 'em on purpose. I think I'll try some calling come spring.

Originally Posted By: RaidersI have more jack rabbits respond to my rabbit distress call than coyotes where I hunt, and ravens too.

you are supposed to sound like a hurt rabbit. not a horny rabbit.

Back