Measuring overall length

Gsjcky

I have been using a hornady lock-n-load overall length gauge. A handy tool. Can you use a modified 22-250 case to measure a 22-250AI chamber?

Not exactly as the shoulder impingement will be different. The drill and tap to make your own cases is less than $10.00 off Amazon. I have that set up but went to the Sinclair tool as it is faster and more respectable. It uses a fired case from the specific chamber vs. the generic one size fits all Hornady.

Greg

It wouldn't work at all if the AI chamber was headspaced the way I like mine done.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: GLShooterNot exactly as the shoulder impingement will be different. The drill and tap to make your own cases is less than $10.00 off Amazon. I have that set up but went to the Sinclair tool as it is faster and more respectable. It uses a fired case from the specific chamber vs. the generic one size fits all Hornady.
Greg

Pardon my ignorance, but exactly what is that "drill and tap"
called on Amazon? Sinclair? Did a search of both and came up
with nothing.

Edit.

Never mind. I really should know better than to try and help. I'll make it a New Years resolution not to.

- DAA

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GLShooter9/32 drill and 5/16"-36 Taper HSS SPECIA: THREAD TAP per my goodies.

AMAZON

Greg

Thanks Greg. I originally thought you may be talking about some
sort of kit. I may already have the needed tap.

DAA - thanks for nothing for the non-needed info, smart-azz.

Originally Posted By: DannoBoone

DAA - thanks for nothing for the non-needed info, smart-azz.

I was making a genuine effort to try and be helpful. But, eff you too, I guess.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneDAA - thanks for nothing for the non-needed info, smart-azz. Your avatar is fitting. A troll with no pants sitting at the computer.

Originally Posted By: DAAEdit.

Never mind. I really should know better than to try and help. I'll make it a New Years resolution not to.

- DAA

please, please, make me exempt from this.^^^

you are one of the very few on here that i trust for help. you are like e.f. hutton. when you talk, i listen.

people are going "who the he11 is e. f. hutton."
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: DAAEdit.

- DAA

please, please, make me exempt from this.^^^

Me too, one of a select group that I look for answers from. The answer in question did have a small condescending tone though. Not your typical DAA answer.

But also hard to tell with posters, who knows what and who needs to be started from the beginning???

you are one of the very few on here that i trust for help. you are like e.f. hutton. when you talk, i listen.

people are going "who the he11 is e. f. hutton."
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: DAAEdit.

- DAA

make me exempt from this.^^^

You have a permanent exemption
laugh.gif

- DAA

I have the drill and tap to make my own modified cases but my dad's buddy with the lathe is sick, so I purchased the Hornady 22-250 modified case. I measured the Hornady case at the datum point of shoulder against my resized cases (fired in my rifle, .002" shoulder bump) and it was within a .001" or .002". I guess I got lucky.

Back