pressure washing a to flesh a hide

Mtns2hunt

Has anyone used a pressure washer to flesh a hide? Wondering if it would work on a coyote? Plenty of videos on you tube fleshing out a deer with a pressure washer.

its counter intuitive.

Most folks are attracted to it because it seems like it would be easier than traditional methods.

But its the opposite. And unless you have and economy of scale, ie, 500 yotes a day to flesh, the accompanying hassles, and long learning curves are not worth it.

Traditional fleshing is fast and easy like a Big Mac.

Power Washer fleshing is like making a cheese burger from scratch, starting with a cow, a bushel of wheat, and a garden.

you ever see cattle trails going across the pastures? They're lazy bastards, you can bet those trails are the most efficient route from point A to point B. That's like traditional knife, and beam fleshing.

You can try to blaze new and improved trails, but you always gravitate back down to the trail that's been there for 1000's of years.

fwiw

MammothDearEagle-size_restricted.gif

Originally Posted By: MartyBits counter intuitive.

Most folks are attracted to it because it seems like it would be easier than traditional methods.

But its the opposite. And unless you have and economy of scale, ie, 500 yotes a day to flesh, the accompanying hassles, and long learning curves are not worth it.

Power Washer fleshing is like making a cheese burger from scratch, starting with a cow, a bushel of wheat, and a garden.

you ever see cattle trails going across the pastures? They're lazy bastards, you can bet those trails are the most efficient route from point A to point B. That's like traditional knife, and beam fleshing.

You can try to blaze new and improved trails, but you always gravitate back down to the trail that's been there for 1000's of years.

this guy^^^^^^knows what he is talking about.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: MartyBits counter intuitive.

this guy^^^^^^knows what he is talking about.

I agree that we are always looking for the most economical and easy way to accomplish tasks. Just thought I'd ask around. Thanks for the feedback.

Most think the power washer is so tough... Wrong. I have used this method on turkeys, squirrels, and even stillborn lambs and goats p to buffalo—just a matter of how close and long you hold the water spray in one spot. I sit down; the water on the cape will hold it still. If it starts to slip, just put your foot on it. I hold the tip about 2-4 inches away from the skin and slowly push forward. The stuff peels off. If you can't do it, ask the professionals at sparklewash.com for help. The first time I couldn't do it, they taught me how to do it right.

Last edited:
Back